What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do I do?

OP
Hdchiky

Hdchiky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What I was referring to is that anyone I know who worked 40 yrs. for the same company......having a steady income, could plan ahead. Those I know have their homes paid off, new vehicles paid for, a huge pension coming when they retire and financial security all that time. If both people are working, all the better

Well - I wish I could say that was me - I do have my 401K, my retirement and social security, but, I am divorced (about 10 years) live alone and DO NOT have my home paid for. It's hard on a single income to always do the things you need to do. My iPad (the first one, was a gift - as is the second one - I am very fortunate in that aspect). I truly wish I were more prepared but it is what it is...

OP
Hdchiky

Hdchiky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, the new iPad (16GB 3G +wifi) arrived. As I mentioned, I have a 16GB wifi only iPad now. So I took the new one, unopened, to the Apple store (decided not to fool with BB in case of future hassles). The folks at the Apple store were great as always. I exchanged the 16 for a 32 (+ $200, got the protection thingy)and now have an iPad with 3G!! I was lucky enough to sell the original to a friend here a work (she loves it already!). So everyone is happy! Especially me!!! Thank you 'my employer'!!

OP
Hdchiky

Hdchiky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, a little, I let my friend buy the 16GB wifi for $350 ($499 new). Once I took off my Zagg protection screen, the Chihauhau skin and restored it to new, it looked brand new. The swap to the 32GB cost me $200 ($100 for the protection plan). So I guess you could say I got more iPad with 3G AND gained $150 cash. Not to bad a deal I don't think.

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thats what I'm talking about!

Now, I have questions.. number one is I didn't realize you could restore the zagg skin to use again I figured it would stretch too much in taking off.. what was your technique?

Question 2.. can I see the Chihuahua skin??? :) Me loves chis!

OP
Hdchiky

Hdchiky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Me loves Chis too, I have two, Carlos and Lola.
I love skins from DecalGirl (hope I am not stepping on toes here). When I took the Chi skin off, I did ruin it - so it was a loss. I had one other skin from them that I did take off and could put on again, you have to be careful removing them - some work, some dont. I wish I could send you a pic but don't know how other than via email. I have already ordered me 2 more skins.

OP
Hdchiky

Hdchiky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am going to try.. still not working. I finally have it on my profile - look there.
Something cool about their skins is that they send you a wallpaper that matches the skin. When I turned the iPad on, the little Chi was the wallpaper on my 'lock' screen. The trim on the edge of the iPad front was the tip of the ears and the feet of the little dog.

Last edited:

FBF

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's awesome...glad to hear everything worked out for you!

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hdchiky said:
I am going to try.. still not working. I finally have it on my profile - look there.
Something cool about their skins is that they send you a wallpaper that matches the skin. When I turned the iPad on, the little Chi was the wallpaper on my 'lock' screen. The trim on the edge of the iPad front was the tip of the ears and the feet of the little dog.

Cool! I sent you email via PM

My guys are long hair chis both are 5 yrs. Tucker is a giant Chi.. even though he has like 14 champions in his pedigree he went over size and hihs ears didn't stand and I think he is adorable. He will be 6 in March. I'll get pics up in a new thread. Jasper is a blue merle long hair he turned 5 in December and he's about 5.5 pounds he is a silly silly dog with no brains.. we like to call him Scooby! LOL

Most reactions

Latest posts