What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What determines the default album art for Artist, on the iPod?

XciteMe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You know how in iTunes you can choose which album cover represents the artist icon under the "Artists" tab?

I notice on the iPad, it's sometimes random? In other words the default album art you select on iTunes can be different on the iPad, when you browse by Artist. I'm wondering how it chooses it.

"Who cares?" some may ask but I would just prefer to be able to choose what icon represents the artist. I like customization.

Does anybody know what algorithm iPad uses for this?

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know how Apple selects the album covers, but if I don't like the "default" cover art, I go to Albumart - CD and DVD cover searchengine and download my own! They have cover art for CD's and DVD's and it is very rare that I have not been able to find the original cover art, even for obscure albums.

Most reactions

Latest posts