What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPod display in Album mode

sdsBrooklyn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like to use iPod on my iPad to play complete albums. I have a lot of albums. When I start iPod, the bottom of the screen has a menu with 5 choices: Songs, Artists, Albums, Genres, Composers. When I select Albums, the screen shows 3-and a half rows of square icons representing album covers, or 15 complete album covers and a cut-off row of five more. These squares take up a lot of visual space on a small screen. It takes a lot of leafing through page after page of album covers to find the one I want. Is there a way to display a simple line by line list of albums rather than their covers, so I will have fewer pages to rummage through?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No way to change the display, but if it helps there is a alphabet index to the right that you can use to skip a lot of scrolling; if you remember the name of the album anyway.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Use the "Search" facility. On the "Albums" page, you can type the name of the artist, album or song title, and limit the amount of album covers that appear.

Even if Pink Floyd is your poison, that cuts the searching down considerably. This also works in the "Songs" page.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts