What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are you reading now?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll jump in cause I love this ..."In Death" series (!). It's a story about a female New York City police detective - and it's set in the year 2058-ish. The author is Nora Roberts and she releases a new novel in this series every spring and fall. She's written over 40 books about this detective named Eve Dallas.

The first book of the series is titled "Naked in Death." If you're interested, that's where I'd start, although the books can stand alone (they are a "solve a crime" per book series). It's just that the character develops more over the course of time.

Can you tell this is one of my favorite series? :D

Marilyn

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'll jump in cause I love this ..."In Death" series (!). It's a story about a female New York City police detective - and it's set in the year 2058-ish. The author is Nora Roberts and she releases a new novel in this series every spring and fall. She's written over 40 books about this detective named Eve Dallas.

The first book of the series is titled "Naked in Death." If you're interested, that's where I'd start, although the books can stand alone (they are a "solve a crime" per book series). It's just that the character develops more over the course of time.

Can you tell this is one of my favorite series? :D

Marilyn
I couldn't agree more! I have read every book but this one! Of course I'm loving it! That's where " squib " came from! Did you know that already Marilyn? :D

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I couldn't agree more! I have read every book but this one! Of course I'm loving it! That's where " squib " came from! Did you know that already Marilyn? :D

At the risk of de-railing this thread with off- topic subject, no, I did not know this is where you got the username from. But - coolio! :)

Back on topic: the books actually list as authored by a J.D. Robb (it's a Nora Roberts pseudonym). Just so you don't waste time looking under Nora's name for these books...

Marilyn

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Back on topic: the books actually list as authored by a J.D. Robb (it's a Nora Roberts pseudonym). Just so you don't waste time looking under Nora's name for these books...

Marilyn
Thank you! I've found "Naked in Death" and downloaded it. :)

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hmm....Naked in Death...I am have to get that after I finish my book. I downloaded the trilogy of "North and South" by John Jakes. I remember reading this when I was a teenager during one of my summer vacations and it was so good. I was going to reread the books again, but realized that I couldn't find book 2 or 3. So...I ended up buying the whole e-book set on my Kindle! I love X-ray which gives me locations and definitions on things! :)

mydave

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This ..."In Death" series ! Is it as good as the Women's Murder Club series by James Patterson ? The beautiful female detective Lindsay Boxer and her exotic female friends who solved all weird cases at the present times ;). . .
OK, off to check our Eva Dallas then . . :)

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I would say it is better because I have a wild spirit. The Lindsay Boxer series is very good! However, she is, and the nature of the book as well, is very proper and tame in comparison to the JDRobb murder books. I even stopped reading about V.I. Warsharski series which is a bit off beat, made me laugh a LOT! But the " Death...." series is in my humble opinion far superior to any woman detective, or mysteries I have ever had the pleasure of reading!
Remember, that is just one opinion! Do you like wild or do you like coloring inside the lines? It's all a matter of preference.
Did you watch " MAD MEN "? The series? If you enjoyed that you'll love this, it' shuts 50 yrs ahead in time instead of 50 years back!:cool:
Hope this helps answer your question.

Bennettb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Love the Robb In Death Series and the Warsharski's. Right now I'm reading Queen Lucia, a book written in 1920 and set in England. It's really amusing to see this style. I'm also reading Grapes of Math by Belos, a fascinating book about math and it's uses and relationship to life. I struggle with some of the straight out math but it's so interesting that I keep going. I like to read several books at once so I'm also reading covering ground a gardening book about ground covers.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Started with Naked in Death, also reading The One Plus One (Moyes), and the Hunger Games trilogy is waiting in my library. They will be next.

mydave

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I would say it is better because I have a wild spirit. The Lindsay Boxer series is very good! However, she is, and the nature of the book as well, is very proper and tame in comparison to the JDRobb murder books. I even stopped reading about V.I. Warsharski series which is a bit off beat, made me laugh a LOT! But the " Death...." series is in my humble opinion far superior to any woman detective, or mysteries I have ever had the pleasure of reading!
Remember, that is just one opinion! Do you like wild or do you like coloring inside the lines? It's all a matter of preference.
Did you watch " MAD MEN "? The series? If you enjoyed that you'll love this, it' shuts 50 yrs ahead in time instead of 50 years back!:cool:
Hope this helps answer your question.
LOL, wild spirit it is :)
So, there are many In Death's fans here. You guys read all 49 books in the series ? Rumors are movie adaption is in the work, and the fans are eagerly suggesting proper actors for the characters. You guys may want to join the crowd.;)
I haven't seen Mad Men yet. Thanks to you, I may have something new to watch.:)
Cheers,

P.S. Anybody reads 'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo' series by Stieg Larsson?

Last edited:

PatS

iPF Novice
Reaction score
LOL, wild spirit it is :)
So, there are many In Death's fans here. You guys read all 49 books in the series ? Rumors are movie adaption is in the work, and the fans are eagerly suggesting proper actors for the characters. You guys may want to join the crowd.;)
I haven't seen Mad Men yet. Thanks to you, I may have something new to watch.:)
Cheers,

P.S. Anybody reads 'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo' series by Stieg Larsson?
Yes, read every last one of them and looking forward to the next. I did not care for the Steiger Larsson series although many have told me they loved them.

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
My friend read the book, I watched the movie!
Soon we are going to switch!
Have you seen the movie mydave?
Yes, I have read all 49 books now! ( remember the choices I have are whatever I can reach from my bed! Like the remotes for TV, DVD, As well as real books you hold in your hand and turn the pages, water, food snacks, telephone ( no cell ) , blank paper, you get the idea) I have had ten yrs of this because a man was fight with and staring at the passenger while driving at 80 k. I was stopped at a red light. The witnesses told me he was not drinking or texting, he was screaming and looking at the passenger, he went right under my Blazer SUV! I actually thought a bomb went off! It was next mo, 10 yrs ago! ADD that to previous multilevel spinal injuries and here I am!
I have left the best for last! The iPad AND the staff and members of the ipadforums.net.!!❤️
PS I love reading James Patterson (sp.) TOO!!!!!

Most reactions

Latest posts