What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are you guys doing right NOW??? ;)

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I see you have the 19th hole in sight, Skimonkey! ;)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Yes...we were tempted to have a cocktails at Finnegan's, but decided to go home instead and have our cocktail out on the patio. I am really glad that we did, since we had 5 hummingbirds visit us while we were outside. Loved to see them back! :)

That looks like a lovely place to play golf!

I think I'll stick to the rugby (union and league) as it's much easier to follow!

The Archangel

I am glad you saw these pics--this is where hubby spends Saturday mornings every week! It is a wonderful course, but long and very difficult. It's a bit out of my caliber!

My practice shots were good...except several kept getting pushed to the right! I need to get out again and practice!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
At the city dump, unloading the old porch.

image-2040843294.jpg

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm continuing to enjoy your holiday tales, Kaykaykay.

I think we will hire a car and explore next time we visit Las Vegas. :)

Spring or fall is good. The temps in some of the Vegas-area parks can make hiking, etc., dangerous in the summer. I read that the Valley of Fire reaches into 120F at peak, for instance. But you could still see lots of amazing scenery from the car, with your AC on, lol.

I find the Valley of Fire really easy even as a couch potato, versus many US national parks, because you can drive right up to the trailhead, park, start hiking and quickly see great stuff like the petroglyphs, made by ancient Native Americans. At many other parks, you have to walk a big distance or take a shuttle just to get to the trailhead. These are some of the petroglyphs at Valley of Fire, which I find fascinating:

Rock Art Around Las Vegas, Valley of Fire, Atlatl Rock

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kaykakay--your day trip sounds just fabulous all around! Sometimes those day trips can be worth more than a week's vacation because often times they are spontaneous and unplanned. Love the fact that you came across wild horses during your drive. I bet that was something and hope that you were able to catch a few pics of that. I'd be worried also if they were domesticated and escaped for there isn't a lot of water sources out there.

Love italian food and how wonderful to end it outside to enjoy more of the scenery. Henderson was a place that my folks thought about moving to before they chickened out and realized they wouldn't be close to their grandkids anymore! Thanks for sharing all of your adventures. This has been very exciting to read. My husband and I are gearing up for a trip out to Yellowstone National Park in September and I seriously need to get in shape for that! Your travels is making me more excited for our own!! :)

Yellowstone sounds great, Skimonkey! I'm happy for you and am envious. I've never been up that way. One of these days I'd like to do a road trip to a bunch of states I've not been to, like Wyoming and the Dakotas.

No photos of the horses, unfortunately. We weren't expecting to see wildlife, and not at 50 mph+. It startled both of us to see the horses and then I kept bugging my husband to slow down, in case there were other horses, but we didn't see any. I wasn't even sure whether they were wild horses till later, when I googled and read about tours through the park and the possibility of seeing wild mustangs. There were no signs warning of any types of animals in the roadway, surprisingly.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Trying to decide whether I should sleep or not. It's almost 1:00 am here.

And this was my post number 3000. :)

I really should get some sleep. Goodnight!

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts