What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are you guys doing right NOW??? ;)

Drew wal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
All Terrain Vehicle? :D Just kidding. I'm sure it's an Apple TV. I'd like one of those, but I'd need to buy a TV first, and I don't really want one of those. Have fun.

You can buy HDMI to VGA + audio adapters so that you can video output to a PC monitor and a separate audio output to an amplifier or active speakers which is a workaround to not needing a traditional TV set , or you can purchase an HDMI compatible DLP ( digital led projector ) which will give you both audio & video output ( depending on model ) .

Sent from my awesome iPhone 5S 64gb Gold using ipf

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You can buy HDMI to VGA + audio adapters so that you can video output to a PC monitor and a separate audio output to an amplifier or active speakers which is a workaround to not needing a traditional TV set , or you can purchase an HDMI compatible DLP ( digital led projector ) which will give you both audio & video output ( depending on model ) .

Sent from my awesome iPhone 5S 64gb Gold using ipf

Good advice, but:

2009 iMac. There are no video inputs. Only outputs. I could probably get around this with some more hardware, but again:

If I wanted an Apple TV badly enough, I'd probably purchase a monitor or TV, but I don't want it bad enough to take up the extra space either of those would need. I live in a 27 foot travel trailer, and the 'few' extra things I could do with an Apple TV aren't enough to make up for the lost space.

Using the Reflector app I can AirPlay pretty much anything from the iPad/iPhone to the 27" iMac Screen. Not that there is much point to it most of the time. I only use it when I want to create or stream a video showing what I'm doing on the iPad.

But thanks for the ideas. The projector is another option I've thought of, but travel trailers also have rather limited blank wall space. Though I could probably rig some kind of pull down screen.

At this point, and Apple TV (and the extra hardware needed) is just a big, delicious looking, bag of geek candy; and I'm on a geek soup and sandwich budget. :)

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
Good advice, but: 2009 iMac. There are no video inputs. Only outputs. I could probably get around this with some more hardware, but again: If I wanted an Apple TV badly enough, I'd probably purchase a monitor or TV, but I don't want it bad enough to take up the extra space either of those would need. I live in a 27 foot travel trailer, and the 'few' extra things I could do with an Apple TV aren't enough to make up for the lost space. Using the Reflector app I can AirPlay pretty much anything from the iPad/iPhone to the 27" iMac Screen. Not that there is much point to it most of the time. I only use it when I want to create or stream a video showing what I'm doing on the iPad. But thanks for the ideas. The projector is another option I've thought of, but travel trailers also have rather limited blank wall space. Though I could probably rig some kind of pull down screen. At this point, and Apple TV (and the extra hardware needed) is just a big, delicious looking, bag of geek candy; and I'm on a geek soup and sandwich budget. :)

I think you just spelled FREEDOM. :)

AA

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
More like OPTIONS. I can't afford to move around a lot, but I do have the option to change my living environment more easily than those that own a house, or even those that rent.

I made this change in 2000, when I realized that the housing allowance I was getting from the Coast Guard would cover both the lot fee and the trailer payments. I figured it would be nice to have something left over, besides receipts, after shelling out over $10,000 for living space every year. And being single, I could get away with it.

Occasionally I miss having more space, and a decent lawn; more so now that I've got the dog. But not enough to go back to those crazy apartment/house rental prices.

Btw, I'm in a semi permanent lot now, and do have a small lawn. I just need to fence it for the dog.

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
More like OPTIONS. I can't afford to move around a lot, but I do have the option to change my living environment more easily than those that own a house, or even those that rent. I made this change in 2000, when I realized that the housing allowance I was getting from the Coast Guard would cover both the lot fee and the trailer payments. I figured it would be nice to have something left over, besides receipts, after shelling out over $10,000 for living space every year. And being single, I could get away with it. Occasionally I miss having more space, and a decent lawn; more so now that I've got the dog. But not enough to go back to those crazy apartment/house rental prices. Btw, I'm in a semi permanent lot now, and do have a small lawn. I just need to fence it for the dog.

You're a fortunate man to appreciate the ground beneath your feet. The grass is only as green as you make it.
We have a semi-detached home on a small lot; postage stamp size I believe is what they call it.
It's all we need - probably more. If I could put wheels on it ........ :)

Bill

Sent from my iPad using iPF

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Watching the launch of the Soyuz TMA-13M with the crew members of the Expedition 40 on TV. There's a German crew member, that's why a German TV station shows it.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Watching the launch of the Soyuz TMA-13M with the crew members of the Expedition 40 on TV. There's a German crew member, that's why a German TV station shows it.
Here's a shot from moments ago at Mission Control, near Moscow.

image-3236122529.jpg

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Catching up on the Forum happenings here. Lots of new posts and threads have been created in my absence. Nice reading all of it folks! :)

Skimonkey ~~ sent from my iPad using iPF

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Annoyed. My MBA has locked me out of my admin user account so I have to restore to a previous backup. Not amused.

Most reactions

Latest posts