What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are you guys doing right NOW??? ;)

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Returning from a night walk through my village, watching a documentary about Niki Lauda and James Hunt.

JA--was that documentary by chance be "Rush" the movie?

My husband and I were at a charity event for children leukemia and it was a 24-hour Movie Marathon. We watched 8 movies, of which one was "Rush!" I liked it!!

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
No, it was on TV. Mostly it was about 1976, the year when Lauda had his horrible crash. A few people were talking about events at that time, like Lauda himself.

I've heard about the movie ("Rush"), it seems to be good. I haven't seen it yet.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
No, it was on TV. Mostly it was about 1976, the year when Lauda had his horrible crash. A few people were talking about events at that time, like Lauda himself.

I've heard about the movie ("Rush"), it seems to be good. I haven't seen it yet.

The movie certainly touched on that terrible crash and how he gained strength to return. Quite a tough nut to get back out there after being in such a horrific accident! The movie was quite good and certainly would be a must watch for you.

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
JA--was that documentary by chance be "Rush" the movie?

My husband and I were at a charity event for children leukemia and it was a 24-hour Movie Marathon. We watched 8 movies, of which one was "Rush!" I liked it!!

I believe the documentary is 'Hunt vs Lauda: F1's Greatest Racing Rivals'. It's a BBC production and unfortunately, it is not yet available on the BBC iPlayer.

AA

Sent from my iPad using iPF

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I believe the documentary is 'Hunt vs Lauda: F1's Greatest Racing Rivals'. It's a BBC production and unfortunately, it is not yet available on the BBC iPlayer.

AA

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Thanks, AA.

By the way, we also watched Gravity in 3D. Did you like it?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The movie certainly touched on that terrible crash and how he gained strength to return. Quite a tough nut to get back out there after being in such a horrific accident! The movie was quite good and certainly would be a must watch for you.
It seems so, as an Austrian, and interested in Formula 1 since being a child. :)
I remember that nobody here believed Lauda would ever contest a race.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It seems so, as an Austrian, and interested in Formula 1 since being a child. :)
I remember that nobody here believed Lauda would ever contest a race.

I wasn't familiar with either because I didn't follow Formula 1 racing. What is big here is NASCAR racing, but that too I don't follow as much. However, again--the story line of Nikki Lauda and James Hunt was very interesting!

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I believe the documentary is 'Hunt vs Lauda: F1's Greatest Racing Rivals'. It's a BBC production and unfortunately, it is not yet available on the BBC iPlayer. AA Sent from my iPad using iPF
It was a BBC/ORF documentary by Matthew Whiteman, the German title was "Das Duell" (the duel).

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I wasn't familiar with either because I didn't follow Formula 1 racing. What is big here is NASCAR racing, but that too I don't follow as much. However, again--the story line of Nikki Lauda and James Hunt was very interesting!
It was interesting in real life as well.
I've been told that the actor who played Lauda also learned to talk English with Lauda's broad Austrian accent. In the German version of the movie, he seems to talk Austrian German, although he is from Germany.

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks, AA.

By the way, we also watched Gravity in 3D. Did you like it?

Yes I did. Glad I went opening weekend. The cinema nearest me took Gravity off the IMAX screen yesterday to make too for 'Captain Phillips'. Not a good choice in my opinion since as of tonight, 'Gravity' is still #1 in Canada & U.S., and it shows so beautifully in IMAX.

AA

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes I did. Glad I went opening weekend. The cinema nearest me took Gravity off the IMAX screen yesterday to make too for 'Captain Phillips'. Not a good choice in my opinion since as of tonight, 'Gravity' is still #1 in Canada & U.S., and it shows so beautifully in IMAX.

AA

We saw it at the emailed theater in 3D and it was incredible. I thought the ending could have been a little better.

Captain Phillips was also another we watched yesterday. Highly recommend that one too. I actually liked that one better then Gravity.

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
We saw it at the emailed theater in 3D and it was incredible. I thought the ending could have been a little better.

Captain Phillips was also another we watched yesterday. Highly recommend that one too. I actually liked that one better then Gravity.

Yeah well you know me ... I've got this connection with space. :)

AA

Most reactions

Latest posts