What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are you guys doing right NOW??? ;)

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just pre-ordered a Kindle Fire HD 8.9" with 64GBs. I had a mess of rewards points on my Amazon credit card, so I paid $14 for it, lol.

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm working very patiently with a crawling PC. At least I've time to update my Facebook from the iPad, and enjoy the forum threads.

I'm taking our visitors to Southwark today. The itinerary I've planned is Shakespeare's Globe - Borough Market (try a roast hog sandwich :) ) - Hays Wharf - Thameside walk via HMS Belfast - Tower Bridge - Tower of London.

I may get home early and leave everyone to enjoy the Tower. We have a family get together tomorrow and preparations to do today.

I hope I don't land myself in trouble at home :)

Sent from my iPad 1 using iPF - Greetings

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just pre-ordered a Kindle Fire HD 8.9" with 64GBs. I had a mess of rewards points on my Amazon credit card, so I paid $14 for it, lol.

What a great deal!!

Gotta love those points!!

Yes, Amazon offers a lot of good deals as they figure out more and more ways to part us from our money, lol.

They're offering the Fire HD with LTE, and an optional AT&T data plan for 50 bucks USD a year, for 250MB monthly, which seems cheap to me for adding a data plan that I would use only occasionally. (I already have unlimited on phone and tablet.) That works out to about $4 a month, lol.

Amazon announces $499 Kindle Fire HD with 4G LTE, $50 a year for 250MB monthly -- Engadget

I'm also keen to try a new feature that synchs audiobooks with print books.

Amazon announces Whispersync for Voice and Whispersync for Games, cloud syncing goes meta -- Engadget

It's going to be a long wait for delivery of Fire HD, though -- more than two months.

By then, I might've already bought whatever Apple is set to debut, lol.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
Yes, Amazon offers a lot of good deals as they figure out more and more ways to part us from our money, lol.

They're offering the Fire HD with LTE, and an optional AT&T data plan for 50 bucks USD a year, for 250MB monthly, which seems cheap to me for adding a data plan that I would use only occasionally. (I already have unlimited on phone and tablet.) That works out to about $4 a month, lol.

Amazon announces $499 Kindle Fire HD with 4G LTE, $50 a year for 250MB monthly -- Engadget

I'm also keen to try a new feature that synchs audiobooks with print books.

Amazon announces Whispersync for Voice and Whispersync for Games, cloud syncing goes meta -- Engadget

It's going to be a long wait for delivery of Fire HD, though -- more than two months.

By then, I might've already bought whatever Apple is set to debut, lol.

I almost pre-ordered the Fire HD myself this morning but stopped short of completing the order as the thought of what might be announced by Apple next Wednesday could affect my decision.

The Archangel

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I almost pre-ordered the Fire HD myself this morning but stopped short of completing the order as the thought of what might be announced by Apple next Wednesday could affect my decision.

The Archangel

The thing with pre-ordering: You're holding a place in line without hard commitment, because you can always cancel your order before delvery, which is months away.

Amazon makes it easy and painless to cancel, too. (I know because I ordered one via one-click, then remembered that I could use rewards points and it took me seconds to cancel my first order, with immediate confirmation of cancellation. Then I just created a new order and applied my rewards points.)

Whenever I'm seriously interested in a device, I figure that pre-ordering holds my place in line, and I can always change my mind. In this case, since I paid 14 bucks for my HD after rewards points, I'm unlikely to cancel.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
The thing with pre-ordering: You're holding a place in line without hard commitment, because you can always cancel your order before delvery, which is months away.

Amazon makes it easy and painless to cancel, too. (I know because I ordered one via one-click, then remembered that I could use rewards points and it took me seconds to cancel my first order, with immediate confirmation of cancellation. Then I just created a new order and applied my rewards points.)

Whenever I'm seriously interested in a device, I figure that pre-ordering holds my place in line, and I can always change my mind. In this case, since I paid 14 bucks for my HD after rewards points, I'm unlikely to cancel.

14 bucks.....now that is a bargain!

The Archangel

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
14 bucks.....now that is a bargain!

The Archangel

I know, right?

It was the first time I tried using Amazon credit card points, because it's a low-limit card I have only to help out a foreign-exchange student who lacks U.S. credit history. I keep the account separate so that her family can easily see her charges when they reimburse me. She rarely uses the card, and I've never tracked the points. Since I've learned that Amazon makes it so easy to accumulate and use the points, I might switch to using its card as a primary card, which I guess is their game plan for making money, lol.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Posting some photos of the construction of the new grocery store in my neighborhood.

image-835333930.jpg

image-1936714916.jpg

image-3547795280.jpg

Most reactions

Latest posts