What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are you guys doing right NOW??? ;)

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
I've seen the yellow cookies in parts of Asia Pacific, so if you're traveling in the region, maybe pick up some?

I ask visiting friends to bring me mundane stuff like cookies, too. I bring food and liquor as gifts when I visit some friends, because some brands are hard to find. And some of my friends love Tom's of Maine toothpaste for some reason, so I bring that sometimes.

One of my favorite things about travel is doing mundane things like going to a supermarket or drugstore, because so much is different. I bring back soaps, lotions, toothpaste and treats all the time. One thing I tried and really liked, but haven't found again, was green tea-flavored toothpaste from Japan. Right now, I'm using lemongrass-scented deodorant and tangerine-scented shampoo from Asia. Like a fruit salad, lol.

I do the same thing, I love all the different goodies I can get.....chemists are a wonder in Asian countries too, so many weird and wonderful finds!

I have a few different lotions and as they are all in foreign languages I've forgotten what they're for.....I will let hubby use those until I work them out.

Would love to try those deodorants.......love fruity shampoos......don't know about a green tea toothpaste, that's certainly different!

iPad 2 3G 64gb

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
leelai said:
I do the same thing, I love all the different goodies I can get.....chemists are a wonder in Asian countries too, so many weird and wonderful finds!

I have a few different lotions and as they are all in foreign languages I've forgotten what they're for.....I will let hubby use those until I work them out.

Would love to try those deodorants.......love fruity shampoos......don't know about a green tea toothpaste, that's certainly different!

iPad 2 3G 64gb

You can use Google Goggles to read the labels. Just open Goggles and take a photograph of the label and you'll soon discover what the product is, regardless of the language.

Sent from my iPad 4 HD mini

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
KevinJS said:
You can use Google Goggles to read the labels. Just open Goggles and take a photograph of the label and you'll soon discover what the product is, regardless of the language.

Sent from my iPad 4 HD mini

Really, never even thought of that, what a great idea.....thanks Kevin!

iPad 2 3G 64gb

yellowhorse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Reading late after everyone else has gone to bed, here on the outskirts of the Sovereign Navajo Nation. Wrestling with the only wifi in 35 miles. :)

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Leelai, my daughter plays Sims on her iPod touch and her laptop

Sent from my new iPad using iPF

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
AdmiralAdama said:
Coffee in hand enjoying a day off work. Slept-in until 5:30AM.

AA

That's a sleep in? Wow!

I'm more a night person myself. I stay in bed as long as possible!

iPad 2 3G 64gb

Most reactions

Latest posts