What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are using your iPad for that you didn't expect?

What are you using your iPad for that you DID NOT expect to use it for?

• Streaming/Watching Video

Votes: 21 35.6%
  • Listening to Music

Votes: 9 15.3%
  • Reading eBooks

Votes: 21 35.6%
  • Browsing the Web

Votes: 10 16.9%
  • Social Networking (Twitter/Facebook/etc.)

Votes: 12 20.3%
  • Something completely different (Post below)

Votes: 13 22.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

stitcherIam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Checking traffic density on the freeway before heading home (using beat the traffic). The freeway traffic camaras don't show the true picture and the radio traffic reporters don't cover the way I go home... LOVE IT for that!!! I can quickly tell whether to jump on the freeway or take some other alternate route

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm using it in place of making Xerox copies when I do my research for graduate studies in History. I just take a picture of the page I'm using. so much nicer and cheaper too!

This will be much better on the 3 - as you'll be able to read text much easier when taken with the 5MP camera on the high res screen. I did not think of the iPad as a digital copy machine, but that is really a good use for it.

lollismith

iPF Noob
Reaction score
bwwhite said:
Two uses I did not anticipate:

1) A remote control and Guide browser for DirecTV
2) Hook up bass pedal, headphones, and bass and use Amazing Slow Downer to learn songs on my bass. All without disturbing anyone else. I even rip bass lesson DVDs to my computer and load them on the iPad to listen, watch, and play along.

Bruce

Can you use this for Dish Network as well? If so point me to the App please.

I use mine to help me keep up with my weaving projects. It helps me keep my place while threading my loom and weaving a tricky pattern.

Layth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I didn't think I would use the iPad for reading much. Sometimes I would even be on my laptop and use Instapaper to save the article to read on my iPad. I even got into e-books.

Fifi1992

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Reading. I read more now. Use it to store movies to watch when on vacation

Buddha77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use mine to write music on. Also relearning chess on it which is great online. Generally learning new things

noel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Watching movies, surfing the web, i use the spread sheet to keep check of everything i do at work, making home vids

Last edited:

AHFIPADII

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use for every thing. There is only one thing and one thing only that I wish I had on my iPad and that is Flash player support.

ziyafathi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AHFIPADII said:
I use for every thing. There is only one thing and one thing only that I wish I had on my iPad and that is Flash player support.

Yea wish the same!!

Most reactions

Latest posts