What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

what are the specs for the ipad1

tazz3

iPF Novice
Reaction score
hello all. can somebody tell me the specs of the ipad 1 what kind of chip does it have dual core??
and how much memory does it have thanks

mk4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
if i've read correctly, the gen 1 ipad runs the apple a4 single core cpu with 256mb of ram and 16, 32 or 64gb of ssd storage.

OP
T

tazz3

iPF Novice
Reaction score
ok thanks all. i was just wondering there is a pretty big leap from 1 pad 1 to the 2

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
ok thanks all. i was just wondering there is a pretty big leap from 1 pad 1 to the 2

It didn't seem like much of a step when the iPad 2 first came out; but since then many apps have gotten bigger and more graphics intensive, and iOS 5 has added features that put more strain on memory and CPU usage. Now an iPad 1 may feel a bit under powered, though hardly unusable.

mk4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It didn't seem like much of a step when the iPad 2 first came out; but since then many apps have gotten bigger and more graphics intensive, and iOS 5 has added features that put more strain on memory and CPU usage. Now an iPad 1 may feel a bit under powered, though hardly unusable.

agree completely. ipad1 is still very usable. mine is actually going to a friend.
but, as you say, some apps are starting to strain the ipad1. i suspect it's the 256mb of ram at play more than cpu. also, i think ios5 has added overhead that is better suited to the larger ram space, and possibly the dual core cpu.

Most reactions