What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confused about the new ipad specs

tsmrg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have read from apple.com sometimes it says the new ipad has dual core, then sometimes it says dual core with quad core graphics. Besides that, sometimes written it has A5X chip , then sometimes it has A6X chip. Please clarify anybody who knows.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have read from apple.com sometimes it says the new ipad has dual core, then sometimes it says dual core with quad core graphics. Besides that, sometimes written it has A5X chip , then sometimes it has A6X chip. Please clarify anybody who knows.

The "iPad 1st half 2012" (iPad3) has the A5X chip, is dual core and has quad core graphics. The "iPad 2nd half 2012" (iPad4) is ALSO dual core and has quad core graphics. BUT the iPad4 has the new A6X chip which is significantly faster in processing speed.
Regards, Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
T

tsmrg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks so much. I dont know what apple is now doing with our ipad 3. Its no longer there on apple.com. Only the ipad mini, ipad 2 and the 4th generation are left.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
tsmrg said:
Thanks so much. I dont know what apple is now doing with our ipad 3. Its no longer there on apple.com. Only the ipad mini, ipad 2 and the 4th generation are left.

Apple has discontinued production of the iPad 3, that's why it no longer appears in the online store.

OP
T

tsmrg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
With only one month after i bought the ipad 3, apple announces another one. And i just wonder why ours has been removed when the ipad 2 is still there. Am not happy with apple. Just after they have removed the good google maps in ios6. Unhappy man,

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ruthie said:
Why? It's much better than the iPad 2!

Because it's not quite as good as the iPad 4 and the iPad 2 is being kept in the lineup as the entry level iPad.

Bob1040

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On Line Shopping

Because it's not quite as good as the iPad 4 and the iPad 2 is being kept in the lineup as the entry level iPad.
The gave the iPad3 to QVC, ShopNBC, and HSN shopping.

Most reactions

Latest posts