What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well, another trip to BestBuy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jachrist

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I sold my iPad 2 when the iphone 5 came out. I was thinking I would be happy just having the iPhone 5 and a MBP. Well, three weeks ago, I break down and get a "new Ipad" (3rd gen) because I missed the convenience of my iPad 2.

After today's announcement, I am thinking I should just box up my current iPad and return it to BestBuy. I will be needing the 4G/LTE model, so I will have to wait for a few extra weeks. I am really happy that I haven't passed the return period, but at the same time, I am pissed that Apple did this so soon after the last release.... I mean really guys... 7 months?

Anyway, vent over.

OP
J

Jachrist

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually, question for you all

I will have to pay a 35$ activation fee and I will lose the 3 months free service (vzw promotion for share plan).

Does anyone think its not really worth it to return the 3rd gen iPad, and have to pay the $65 in Verizon costs ad having to wait 3+ weeks to get a the new 4th gen model???

OP
J

Jachrist

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Called vzw. Will lose the free 3 months and will pay new activation fee.
Thoughts ???

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
IMO...As someone who works for Best Buy, you're not better off going from the iPad 3 to the "New" iPad. The 3 with the 4G service is still great, and you wouldnt _really_ be gaining anything new besides the A6X chip.

I wouldn't. Wait for the 5 or 6.

OP
J

Jachrist

iPF Noob
Reaction score
screw it. I am returning the iPad. In a month or two, I will see how I feel about getting the 4. In the meantime, my iphone 5 and MBP will do everything that I need them to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts