What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Surprisingly happy with outcome at bestbuy

ipadder474

iPF Novice
Reaction score
IMHO Best Buy is quickly heading "DOWN" the same path as Circuit City and Comp-USA. Both shot themselves in both feet with under handling's of both customer's and their employees, I have seen many of their good hard working employees just give up and move on. I only deal with B.B. when it's to my advantage or I really need something quickly. In the past I had bought a lot of items cameras camcorders T.V.s also my iPdad2 and a Mac book Pro, for the past three year I have been one of B.B.s Silver Rewards customer. But lately B.B. has lost my sales to Amazon.com. Not for the prices but for their arrogance and their practices of misleading customers and just plain giving the wrong information, just to make a sale. Myself if and when I do buy a iPad4 it will be from the iPad store in my city. I can live without Best Buys Silver Rewards program. I am betting after the Christmas buying Holiday we just might see the end to Best Buy as we know it today.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
After my last experience at the Apple Store, I won't be going anywhere else for future purchases. Without any prompting from me, the salesman set me up with an Apple business account, answered every question I had concerning the MBP and iMac, and informed me of the 14 day return policy. I needed an iPod shuffle for a kids birthday and wasn't sure whether my wife had already bought it from elsewhere. He told me that if she had I could return the one I bought with no questions asked.

Competent, thorough and no heavy duty sales pitch. I like that.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

ipadder474

iPF Novice
Reaction score
After my last experience at the Apple Store, I won't be going anywhere else for future purchases. Without any prompting from me, the salesman set me up with an Apple business account, answered every question I had concerning the MBP and iMac, and informed me of the 14 day return policy. I needed an iPod shuffle for a kids birthday and wasn't sure whether my wife had already bought it from elsewhere. He told me that if she had I could return the one I bought with no questions asked.

Competent, thorough and no heavy duty sales pitch. I like that.

At my local Best Buy there is a Apple employee selling the Apple items he is a great guy, but the sales are done by B.B. I had a very good friend working in the B.B. camera Dept. at this store. He was highly unhappy with his treatment by his B.B. supervisor and the B.B. store manager. The Apple Rep. in store picked up on this employee and today he is a happy apple employee at our local Mall Apple store. I will be buying any new Apple product from him at the Apple store and not at Best Buy.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know whether Apple stipulate how their products must be displayed, but the display at my local Staples is pristine. The rest of the tablets and computers are a jumbled mess, looking more like a street market than an electronics store.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
KevinJS said:
I don't know whether Apple stipulate how their products must be displayed, but the display at my local Staples is pristine. The rest of the tablets and computers are a jumbled mess, looking more like a street market than an electronics store.

Presentation alone can help increase sales by a significant amount.

cyndy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For all gripes. I have to say, without that BB 30 day return policy, I would still have a iPad3 I bought less then a month. If had bought it at the Apple Store I would have had been past the return limit when the iPad 4 came out (What? Two weeks?). Even if I had wanted to keep a iPad3, I could get a deep discount now with a "reconditioned" one @ Apple store , or even up my memory for less then what I paid for the iPad I had. I'm feeling pretty lucky, despite going iPadless for a week or so. I am a little concerned if I have to wing it on my own (or call Apple everyday) to set up a new iPad. And if my iStore stuff can be still there. I assume my password will still be the same and I don't have foulup on that. B/c if that's a problem, Apple Store is my only option.

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
For all gripes. I have to say, without that BB 30 day return policy, I would still have a iPad3 I bought less then a month. If had bought it at the Apple Store I would have had been past the return limit when the iPad 4 came out (What? Two weeks?). Even if I had wanted to keep a iPad3, I could get a deep discount now with a "reconditioned" one @ Apple store , or even up my memory for less then what I paid for the iPad I had. I'm feeling pretty lucky, despite going iPadless for a week or so. I am a little concerned if I have to wing it on my own (or call Apple everyday) to set up a new iPad. And if my iStore stuff can be still there. I assume my password will still be the same and I don't have foulup on that. B/c if that's a problem, Apple Store is my only option.

Apple stores are honoring an exchange/refund on any iPad 3 purchased within the last 30 days. :thumbs:

Most reactions