What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome to our Dedicated Special Needs Forum

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I would like to extend a warm welcome to any iPAD users world wide whom may have special needs that require assistance or help with their iPAD. I have established several sub forums and am happy to add more as needed. Your ideas and contribution to this forum is welcomed.

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mouth sticks? I'll admit that it looked a bit funny at first, but could be very useful for disabled people :)

nicnacnoo78

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am disabled and in an electric wheelchair after I suffered a stroke at 17. I am 34 now and have no use down one side and I cannot speak well at all. I have a fantastic carer and am very independent. I live in my bungalow with my cat but have a fantastic mum and stepdad nearby.

I spend far too much time playing games on here and wouldn't be without it - infact I am getting an ipad3 next week!

desperatemom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My daughter is 17 years old and suffers from severe respiratory issues and is constantly in the hospital with pneumonia and bronchiectais. In may she had 40% of her right lung removed because it was so deseased. Now she's having alot of problems carrying her books and other things to school, I'm trying to get her an Ipad so she can download her school books in the Ipad and not need to carry her books. She is disabled, but unfortunately due to constant hospitalizations can't afford to purchase one. Is there anyway someone can donate her one or just guide me to where I can get one, please it would really help her accomplish her dreams.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My daughter is 17 years old and suffers from severe respiratory issues and is constantly in the hospital with pneumonia and bronchiectais. In may she had 40% of her right lung removed because it was so deseased. Now she's having alot of problems carrying her books and other things to school, I'm trying to get her an Ipad so she can download her school books in the Ipad and not need to carry her books. She is disabled, but unfortunately due to constant hospitalizations can't afford to purchase one. Is there anyway someone can donate her one or just guide me to where I can get one, please it would really help her accomplish her dreams.

Hi there....

We are so sorry about your daughter's health and medical conditions, but happy to here that she is out of the hospital. We sympathize with her special needs, however, we are unable to help you in donations of an iPad. Our forum is privately owned and does not have any affiliation with Apple. Your best bet is to speak to your local school/hospital/medical organizations (American Heart Association) to see if there are special programs or medical donations at that level.

Thank you.
Ski...
iPadforums Moderator | iPhoneForums Moderator

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
desperatemom said:

Hello.
You may be eligible for assistance from an organization called "Computers With Causes."

http://www.computerswithcauses.org/application.htm

The above link takes you to the application page.
This organization is active in Florida.

Hope this helps.

AA

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Most reactions