What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

i Pad and the special needs children

A. GOODWIN

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I recently was at a funeral recently and some uplifting news came my way and I thought it deserved a few lines of text to ones on the forum as well to all friends .My cousin was at this funeral and she has an autistic child named Isabella , and she and I were talking about I pads and Isabella got hers for FREE,! Well here is what she did and I think it's just great . There are several ( many ) grants you can ask monies for .She worded her request as Assisted needs from the one who came up with most of the monies (500.00) the remainder she did with a fund raiser at her other daughters
School and actually she got too much , so in turn gave what she had a remainder of to another family with an autistic child also. Well Isabella was so happy . You can go online to google and enter I pad and assisted needs children and there is a list and ways to try . $800.00 to $ 1000.00 is a fair amount for the device , case , some paid apps , but as I've seen my family and Isabella through the years it's a huge deal
Cheaper than some of the other Special assistant needs in the past.........

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've moved your post to our Special Needs iPad Forum, where it will get better attention.

OP
A. GOODWIN

A. GOODWIN

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've moved your post to our Special Needs iPad Forum, where it will get better attention.
Hey Sci , thank you , it is good , ummm I really didn't know where it might be helpful to others , it was a flip of the coin ( for lack of a better phrase ) since it was about I pad 2 and she is a special child There is more to the whole of the story but I was trying not to be so prolific. And
was working up a list of about a dozen or so with web addresses and info including the one that granted her the bulk of the grant monies. I'll add these in that thread upon completion.
Thank you for appropriations. ..A. G .

Thomas1977

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't know of that many apps for iPad for special needs but i was once a special needs child myself and iPads were not around when I was a kid. I am now a special needs adult and iPad is a great tool. For example there is a person at my work that uses a iPad to talk or communicate.

Most reactions

Latest posts