What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weird rainbow glow/bleed

Paulp1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I recieved an Ipad 2 for my birthday today and noticed a weird white rainbow on the left hand side. This can only be seen when the screen b/g is white or light coloured. Some times its not noticeable, but I know its there. Do I take it back for a replacement as I have read of many complaints of screen bleed, which this is very dissimilar to as its only noticeable on white b/g!

Here is a picture taken with my phone, it is difficult to capture.

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You're right - it doesn't look like 'normal' screen bleeding - not sure what could cause this. If it worries you, for sure, take it back to any Apple Store and see what they say. Apple are very customer-centric, so I'm sure you'll have no trouble if you're unhappy with it. They know a happy customer will return again and spread 'the word' so don't be afraid to go back and see them.

Let us know how you get on..

Tim

OP
P

Paulp1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
You're right - it doesn't look like 'normal' screen bleeding - not sure what could cause this. If it worries you, for sure, take it back to any Apple Store and see what they say. Apple are very customer-centric, so I'm sure you'll have no trouble if you're unhappy with it. They know a happy customer will return again and spread 'the word' so don't be afraid to go back and see them.

Let us know how you get on..

Tim

If I didn't use my iPad 2 for studying, I wouldn't have been bothered by the fault. In the end I took it back to the apple store and they were happy to exchange it :)

Paul

Most reactions

Latest posts