What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Website building service completely usable with iPad

rickfahr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I want to find a website building service (think web.com or whatever) that is COMPLETELY usable with an iPad.

The main problem with lots of these services is that they require Adobe Flash. I have iSwifter, which kinda/sorta replicates flash, but I keep getting having problems when it comes to choosing a file, such as an image or video.

So, is there a website building service that can build a novice, like me, a basic website using only my iPad and images, videos, whatever I can access on my iPad?

Thank you.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Asked your question today on AskTUAW. The consensus was that Squarespace is your best bet. It can all be done from the iPad, and unlike Simpl it can grow with your needs. It also has good export options in case you want to change services.

Simpl is good for what it does, but won't grow or export your data if you need to upgrade.

Wordpress, on the wordpress.com site, would also work, but the learning curve is higher and the export options more difficult.

OP
R

rickfahr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks for the suggestions;

simpl is truly simple to use and it does work seamlessly on my pad; however, it is extremely limited in archiving and other basic web page options; but, for someone who is wanting to put up a basic site, simpl might work really well

OP
R

rickfahr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
nope; squarespace does NOT support mobile devices building/maintaining pages

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
nope; squarespace does NOT support mobile devices building/maintaining pages

Ok. I wondered about that. You have to understand the people I talked to are way into the website and blog stuff. They've probably never tried for an iPad only solution. Their memory on what does work is affected by knowing too much. :)

I remember one or two other 'make your own website' apps for iOS, but like Simpl they are extremely limited in what you can create.

There is also Diet Coda 2, but that is only useful if you are willing to hand code your site and use FTP to upload it to a server. I believe that exceeds your 'beginner' criteria.

Nothing else comes to mind.

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The Wordpress developers have a Wordpress app in the App Store, I use that app to manage my Wordpress sites. I believe wordpress.com still hosts wordpress blogs/sites. I wonder if this would work since all work can be done from the Wordpress iOS app.

Most reactions

Latest posts