What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to port or make an iPad website or web app

mosys

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. I hope I can contribute some bookmarks and some orginal dev stuff here too.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I built my website in iWeb...it is already 100% iPad compatible...including embedded movies.

winwaed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.geowebguru.com
Link (and site root) are both broken with 403 or 404 errors?

On the subject of writing iPad web-apps, O'Reilly have the book "Building iPhone Apps with HTML, CSS and JavaScript" by Jonathan Stark, which should be adaptable.

Those familiar with the technologies will find it a quick read, but it has an overview of iPhone and Safari specifics. Device specifics (eg. GPS) rely on a third party library.

Richard

jim2527

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can the iPad run iWeb by itself?

I have website I built on a PC with Yahoo's sitebuilder and my site is hosted by Yahoo as well. I'd like portable device like the iPad to use at work or my girlfriends but it must be able to website building/editing. I do NOT own an Apple computer so the iPad must be able to this on tis own.

Jim

Last edited:

nineninenine

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat as Jim, I also want to know if website manipulation for lack of a better phrase, is possible with the ipad. If it helps, I use Weebly.com. And yeah, that page 404'ed, so if that had my answers, I missed it.

EDIT: Hope the 10 day time span isn't considered necroposting here. Sorry ahead of time if it is;)

Most reactions

Latest posts