What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Browsing to a photo on a website form when viewed on an iPad

cjackson111

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello. I have developed a website that has a simple form where it asks the user to upload photos. (The website is on an Intranet and not available to the public) This works great when using it from a computer but when viewed on an iPad (or iPhone) I run into a problem. When you choose a photo from the library it seems like it renames the file to "1 photo". If you add one or more photos they all are renamed the same thing. This only allows one photo to be uploaded and overwrites anything uploaded previously. I know that the photos in my photo library all have unique names (IMG_001, etc.). Why isn't this name kept? I greatly appreciate all help!

photoapp.gif

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The only think I can think of is to update the script on your website to assign unique names as the photos are uploaded.

After all, even without this issue, at some point more than one person is going to try and upload IMG_001.jpg.

Anyway, there is not anyway to change Safari's behavior on this issue.

Most reactions

Latest posts