What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weather

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
-2° C and a freezing drizzle. Streets and pavements are slippery.
Please be careful out there. My friend slipped on the ice and broke her wrist. She's a masseuse and will be out of commission for six weeks.
Minus 2 degrees centigrade, wow I know that's cold. Yes of course be careful with those slippery streets.
Slippery? Due to ice? Wonderfully cold ice?!!;) Just today I would be happy to be there with slippery ice or not. It's 43c today, an 80 year record, and it is HOT. Not doing much this afternoon but reading with air con churning away and every few hours going out to replenish the bird bath in the back yard with cool water. Those birdies seem to appreciate it. At one stage there were about six blackbirds fighting for room in it. And there was our blue tongue lizard we've named Fred also came out of hiding to sample a water dish we left out for him where we know he lives. Enjoy your coolness everyone in the northern hemisphere:)
Andrew

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Please be careful out there. My friend slipped on the ice and broke her wrist. She's a masseuse and will be out of commission for six weeks.
I just had to take care when walking up and down stairs outside. Everything else wasn't that bad.
Hopefully your friend will be on her feet soon!
Minus 2 degrees centigrade, wow I know that's cold. Yes of course be careful with those slippery streets. Slippery? Due to ice? Wonderfully cold ice?!!;) Just today I would be happy to be there with slippery ice or not. It's 43c today, an 80 year record, and it is HOT. Not doing much this afternoon but reading with air con churning away and every few hours going out to replenish the bird bath in the back yard with cool water. Those birdies seem to appreciate it. At one stage there were about six blackbirds fighting for room in it. And there was our blue tongue lizard we've named Fred also came out of hiding to sample a water dish we left out for him where we know he lives. Enjoy your coolness everyone in the northern hemisphere:) Andrew
Yes, definitely wonderfully cold ice. :)
Compared to your 43° C, my - 2° are comfortable. :) Birds and lizard will certainly enjoy the fresh water.

Last edited:

dianne137

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Today shone sunny and warm(7 C.)while I put up Christmas lights and later on in the aft.a cold wind reminded me that winter could sneak in and remind us that we are apart of the north.We may see snow late Thursday. but it promises to warm up by the weekend.I hope we continue to enjoy dry or at least solid traction on the roads so we can do a bit of visiting to the big island and the mainland over the holidays.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Please everyone walking in the ice invest in ice cleats and walk safely

uju7a8u3.jpg

But don't sit down. The cleats won't help;)
Andrew

Sent from Oz using Tapatalk

MadChef

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well here in central Florida, after a bit of cooler weather ( low 70's) it's back to the mid 80's with record heat expected for Sunday. It is expected to cool down
for Christmas Day. Anyone coming from the frozen North on vacation enjoy your stay.

☮♥

dianne137

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I awoke today to snow and the forecast sent us to town for provisions in case we get home bound over Christmas.Temp is close on either side of 0 degrees so it could have been snow and icy roads.I've awakened in the too early morning with the rain sounds drumming from the rooftop.hurrah.

Most reactions

Latest posts