What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weather ios7 ipad 2

yellowhorse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay, am I the only person who doesn't have weather in notifications for ios7 and ipad2. If someone has it can you please walk me through finding the settings.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Okay, am I the only person who doesn't have weather in notifications for ios7 and ipad2. If someone has it can you please walk me through finding the settings.
You're not the only one who doesn't have weather in notifications:
image-1319524584.jpg
Mine is turned off.
Go to Settings - Privacy and turn on Location Services. Perhaps you have a weather app installed, that's listed there. Enable it, and you should see weather notifications.

Last edited:
OP
yellowhorse

yellowhorse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm glad I'm not the only one and thank you for interrupting me while I was resetting my home screen icons. It never appeared. I did see weather in location services but no where else not even find.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm glad I'm not the only one and thank you for interrupting me while I was resetting my home screen icons. It never appeared. I did see weather in location services but no where else not even find.

Unlike the iPhone, there is no built in Weather app for the iPad. Even if you find another weather app in Location Services it won't provide data to the Notification Center.

But that's ok, because they do not have to. Enabling the Weather switch in Location Services is all you have to do to enable the weather in Notification Center. Postings from some members suggest that it may take a day to start showing up. I'm guessing it only update periodically, on a schedule only known by Apple at this time.

Last edited:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unlike the iPhone, there is no built in Weather app for the iPad. Even if you find another weather app in Location Services it won't provide dat to the Notification Center.
I wasn't certain about that, thank you for correcting my mistake!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I wasn't certain about that, thank you for correcting my mistake!

No problem. I looked long and hard for it, for this very reason, before I was convinced that it only shows up in location settings. I'm not really disappointed. It's not like I use the native weather app on the iPhone either. There are at least three weather apps I like better; though the native app did improve quite a bit with the iOS 7 update.

cruiser111

iPF Novice
Reaction score
"Enabling the Weather switch in Location Services is all you have to do to enable the weather in Notification Center."

Thanks , twerppoet! Kinda like having the little weather blurb in the Notification Center.

Usually, to maximize battery usage, don't have Location Services activated, but the individual apps can be controlled (on or off) too.

OP
yellowhorse

yellowhorse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It did finally come up. Today actually. How cool is that. I feel like I'm not missing as many features as I thought. Lol. I wish it was like wind alert.

OP
yellowhorse

yellowhorse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wind alert? Do a quickie search in the App Store. Where we are, very very remote. So we have very high winds that come up out of nowhere. But it's great for fishing surfing and the like. If you want to know like for freezing temps it will let you know ASAP. Has alerts. For the free version you get like so many alerts. But in the ios7 version you open the app and there's a map. If you go to the settings button I think on the right it says map or list. If you check list and search your zip code you will get this really neat chart of wind speeds by the hour, temps, pressure, and there's tides and other info you can add in. The paid version is a subscription. They have a free trial for that. I always tell people to try it. Especially if you have a schedule and have to schedule in a surf or fishing expedition in your day. LOL. I use it constantly to tie down my solar panels or make sure the lines don't freeze. LOL. But that's on the App Store. If you are like me and live in an area that doesn't have an airport or weather station listed, if you contact support they'll add it for you. And did so in a very timely fashion.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
That's an interesting app. Thanks for the explanation. The need for it here isn't vital enough to pay a subscription, but I like that this kind of app is out there.

Most reactions

Latest posts