What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Watching rented iTunes movies

CarolineH

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there,
I have just rented a movie from iTunes for my daughter to watch on my iPad during a long journey we have planned tomorrow but cannot for the life of me find it now that it has downloaded! When I go to downloads I just see a blank screen with a link to the iTunes license agreement, and when I go to Purchases I just see a list of songs I have previously bought. When I plug my iPad into my laptop and open iTunes I can see the movie listed under "rentals" in the "My Devices" section on the left hand side, so it is definitely there somewhere, but can anyone help me to find it?

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Possibly check the Video app now that they have split Music and Video apart from the old iPod app. Not having rented any movies I'm not 100% on that.

L

Lunar

Possibly check the Video app now that they have split Music and Video apart from the old iPod app. Not having rented any movies I'm not 100% on that.

I too would have expected it to show when you tap the 'Videos' though I too have never downloaded any movies from iTunes, hopefully someone who has, will clarify.. so we can all be educated...lol

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's been a while since I rented from iTunes. What I remember: Rented movie shows up in download, you download and it shows on the Videos app. Whichever device you rented it on (iPad, computer, etc.,) is the one you can watch it on for 24 hours. I seem to remember that you can't rent on one device and watch on another, even if they share the same iTunes account. Things might've changed since I rented, of course.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just as a quick guide, the iTunes App is only used for downloading, once download is complete they move to the Video App.....

image-2917087387.jpg

The next picture is what the OP is seeing in the iTunes App......

image-1889609786.jpg

And finally this is where you should find your downloaded movies.......

image-3023378154.jpg

The Archangel

OP
C

CarolineH

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks guys! So simple in the end, I'd been searching for it in the iTunes app but have now found it in Videos, that's one car journey saved! :)

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Most reactions