What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

watching free-to-air on ipad

kooties

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I've downloaded the Puffin app that allows me to view flash while browsing, however I want to watch TV shows on the channel 7 website (PLUS7 - Catch up TV - Watch full episodes - Yahoo!7 TV). Low and below, the opening advertisement plays fine but the content won't because "I am trying to watch the content from overseas".

Obviously the Puffin servers are not based in Australia. Does anyone have an idea on how to get around this problem, or can suggest another app that allows me to set my server country?

EDIT - I see from multiple posts that remote accessing from my ipad to a PC/laptop is the other option people suggest. I would have tried that if I had a PC/laptop at home (which I don't). I'm guessing then from the lack other suggestions from this and various other forums that there is no solution to my problem....

EDIT #2 – Yes I know about the ABC app (fantastic app) but that doesn’t help me here...

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is there a "yahoo!7" app in the app store, that may help. Since I live in the u.s. I am unable to have access to check.

OP
K

kooties

iPF Noob
Reaction score
no

Is there a "yahoo!7" app in the app store, that may help. Since I live in the u.s. I am unable to have access to check.

no... otherwise I would use the app... :confused:

OP
K

kooties

iPF Noob
Reaction score
err, thanks?

Hello welcome. 7news is available now not sure if it is what you want it is a free download.

Where Re you located maybe I can assist you then.

The 7news app only allows access to news broadcasts (as the name would suggest)... not regular TV shows. I'm in NSW, but I don't know how that info could help answer the question.

TV and Australian TV Guide. Is live yes. 7news also available in iTunes australia

err, thanks for reposting the link I posted as well as reposting your own post about the 7news app...?

Most reactions

Latest posts