What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

was just wondering

thedunn805

iPF Noob
Reaction score
so you guys think if i have my ipad in the official apple case if it will still fit nicely on an official ipad dock. Wondering if i should pick one up.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Haven't got dock but think the extended lip of the apple case would get in the way.

Honestly never needed a dock as I use a simple plate display stand that supports the iPad alongside my main monitor, with apple case and sync connector on.

giedre11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've got the official iPad case and keyboard dock. I have to take the iPad out of it's case in order to get it docked.

kemroon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
so you guys think if i have my ipad in the official apple case if it will still fit nicely on an official ipad dock. Wondering if i should pick one up.

You can read here in detail - Apple iPad – Its Specifications, Qualities and Deficiencies

Regards
kemroon

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have yet to find a case that fits the ipad that is compatible with the dock (although I think, somewhere out there, I saw an ad about one. I've tried a couple including a CIMO gel cover, a Belkin rubber cover, the Eco case by Marware and the Apple case. I also have a special stereo speaker setup that has a pop out adapter for an iPod that fits the iPad - but only works with the iPad when it's out of the case.

There's an awful lot of speaker systems out there that have indented slots with an iPod type of connecter - it would be nice if someone would make an extender with some kind of base so that you could use these with the iPads.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
You can pretty much count on all cases not working with the dock.

get a cheap buisiness card hold to stand up the ipad and use the cable. Save money in the process.

Purpleorchid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
@DavidNM: A cable does exist that allows you to use current iPod setups (speakers/docks/clocks/etc) with your iPad.

CableJive Apple dock extender
dockXtender: Dock Extender Cable for iPad, iPhone and iPod

I don't have one, but I know it's going to be useful when I can justify the need for it. I only have one music album on my iPad, so I have no need for the cable. All my music is on my iPhone which I carry around more than my iPad.

cmalinowski

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can pretty much count on all cases not working with the dock.

get a cheap buisiness card hold to stand up the ipad and use the cable. Save money in the process.
It looks like the commuter case by otterbox works with the dock. But I don't dock and I don't have that case. So I can't be sure.

Most reactions

Latest posts