What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 official dock fit with case?

Billyw715

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the iPad 2 with the official dock and smart cover coming in the mail. I want to buy a thin protecting case just for the back that is compatible with the smart cover. My question is, if I do so, will it fit in the official Apple iPad 2 dock? If it doesn't I am considering cancelling the order for the dock because I don't want to regularly remove the case off the back. Does it have to be a "naked" iPad 2 in order to fit in the dock or is there any wiggle room?

Any help or light shed on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!:confused:

OP
B

Billyw715

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I spoke with Apple and cancelled the order for the dock, if anyone was actually interested. I spoke with the rep from Apple and he said he thought it wouldn't fit with a case either, just in case anyone else runs into this same concern.;)

I cancelled the order for the dock and got the HDMI hookup that mirrors to a TV, the digital video av attachment or whatever it is. It also does Audio being HDMI so it will serve as an iPad dock for when I play music too.:):):ipad-front:

I guess I solved the problem on my own.

Most reactions

Latest posts