What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Want to install an android app in iPad, is there any way???????

dreamerdonkey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, I am dreamerdonkey. I am new in this forum. And I am also a new user of iPad. Recently I find out a fine PDF reader on one of my friends tab. He is a google nexus user. And that PDF reader is only for android. I search iTunes for that app but no luck. So can any one tell me that is there any way to install android apps or thirdparty apps ( actually I want to install apps with out using iTunes)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
dreamerdonkey said:
Hello, I am dreamerdonkey. I am new in this forum. And I am also a new user of iPad. Recently I find out a fine PDF reader on one of my friends tab. He is a google nexus user. And that PDF reader is only for android. I search iTunes for that app but no luck. So can any one tell me that is there any way to install android apps or thirdparty apps ( actually I want to install apps with out using iTunes)

Welcome to the iPad Forums! this is the right place to come to if you want to learn all about your iPad. Many of our members volunteer their time to help other members solve their problems and answer their questions. If a search of the forum threads doesn't find the answer you need, don't hesitate to ask your questions in the appropriate forum.
Before posting, please read the forum rules. http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

I'm afraid that there's no way to install Android apps on any Apple device, including the iPad.if the developer hasn't written an Apple version of the app you want, you'll just have to wait or search to see if another app exists that will do the job you need.

Last edited:

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the iPadForum! This Forum offers so much information related to the iPad and its use. The IPF has many discussion topics related to:

iPad Accessories |iPad Help|iPad Hacking | iPad Games | iPad for Business and Education | Special Needs iPad Forum | iPad for Health Forum

The iPadForum also includes a Regional Ipad Group for international users across the world. This is a wonderful area to "find" members from your own country.
Regional iPad Groups

If you have not done so, please take a look at the iOS 5.0, 5.1 & 6.0:
Connecting to the iTunes Store.
iTunes - Books - iPad User Guide for iOS 5.1 by Apple Inc.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/book/iphone-user-guide-for-ios-6/id563272542?mt=11

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

TransitKonect

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is possible to running Android app on your ipad if you will be able to download, install and run Android software on your Apple –branded tablet.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry to say that is incorrect. As for PDF reader there are many PDF readers for iPad. I see I reason to look beyond what the App Store on the iPad offers.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you gave us a list of the features this app has that you want or need, I'm sure we can come up with a few recommendations. Perhaps even better than the Android app you saw. There are a lot of PDF apps for iOS, many with advanced PDF editing and reading features.

Kieran2001

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dear dreamerdonkey,
You can not download android apps unless they put them on the App Store. The only other way is to downlaod a apk and install it via iFile if your jailbroken. (Jail breaking I don't suggest as it can brick your device and apple won't repair it)

Kind Regards,
Kieran (This message was sent from a iPad Air)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Dear dreamerdonkey,
You can not download android apps unless they put them on the App Store. The only other way is to downlaod a apk and install it via iFile if your jailbroken. (Jail breaking I don't suggest as it can brick your device and apple won't repair it)

Kind Regards,
Kieran (This message was sent from a iPad Air)
Even jailbreaking won't allow you to install and run Android apps on an iPad. Any iPad apps, jailbroken or not are written especially for the iPad.

Most reactions