What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Soon-to-be iPad 3 owner. Any advice?

ratava

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been anti-Apple for the longest time, but after searching for the best 4:3 tablet and trying/returning several Android 4:3 tablets, I've seen the light and will be getting an iPad 3 soon. When I finally allowed myself to compare the retina display on the new iPad with that of the Android tablets, I was truly amazed (it was even significantly better than the display on the iPad 2, IMO).

Anyways, my main uses for the new iPad will be reading pdfs, textbooks, and magazines. The pdf document I tested while comparing the resolution of the iPad to the Android tablets was actually an IRS form I googled, and my god, the text, even the smallest letters, was so crisp on the iPad 3 compared to fuzziness of the other tablets.

Any tips on what the best pdf reader is for iPad? Also, any other apps I should get for browsing textbooks and magazines? Any other app suggestions?

With that all said, I'm not fully converted to Apple. I still plan on using my Blackberry phone, because I still cannot, for the life of me, use a touchscreen keyboard on the smaller screen of a phone, whether it be the iPhone, Android phone, or Windows phone. I find that I have to make too many corrections with those virtual keyboards. The iPad is a different story obviously because the greater screen real estate. I also love having the optical trackpad on my blackberry for fine precision text/email highlighting/copy/paste. The Blackberry is my work horse, and I use it a LOT for messaging/texting/emailing, and enjoy having the ability to type away without constantly looking at the keyboard. I rarely ever watch videos or use it for music. If Blackberry decides to eliminate their physical keyboards, I don't know what I'll do.

Anyways, enough about Blackberry since this is an iPad forum. That was probably way too much talking about Blackberry. I suppose I'll be one of the few who actually uses the combo of a Blackberry phone and an iPad tablet.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Last edited:

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there, Ratava-welcome to the Forum!!

There are many good threads that discuss some of your inquiries. Have a look around the forum and also try your hand with the Search Function here. A lot if your questions may have already been answered.

Enjoy!

Amp1216

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hopefully you will think its the best tablet and it fits your needs it sure dose for me....l

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Also, Ratava

Welcome to the iPadForum! This Forum offers so much information related to the iPad and its use. The IPF has many discussion topics related to: Acessories, Help, Apple News, Hacking, Gaming, Business/Education, Special Needs and Health.

The iPadForum also includes a Regional Ipad Group for international users across the world. This is a wonderful area to "find" members from your own country.
Regional iPad Groups

If you have not done so, please take a look at the iOS 5.0 and 5.1:
iTunes - Books - iPad User Guide for iOS 5 by Apple Inc.
iTunes - Books - iPad User Guide for iOS 5.1 by Apple Inc.

Finally, please read the rules!
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

followthesapper

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Welcome, this forum is a mine of information and well moderated, there's lots to learn and you can learn it here. I was an Apple hater for ages and swore by Android.

However I now love my iPad and would never swap for an Android one. I use iBooks and the Kindle app to read my PDF's.

Most reactions

Latest posts