What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Want to delete gmail email address used in settings. How do I do this!?

NeedToKnow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I deleted my gmail email address because I was getting 150 spams or more A DAY, seriously. I just went into my settings to delete that email address from my iPad2 and noticed it is the email address for my iPad. I tried changing the address to a different gmail address but it still shows the deleted one. What will happen if I just delete that account? The red bar below the gmail email address info in the account settings. Will I be allowed to set up a new one or will I no longer be able to use the Google calendar and any apps that are connected to it? Unfortunately some apps I have use that stupid gmail calendar that I hate. I have NOT updated to the new iOS for myniPad 2. I refuse to lose my YouTube and Google Maps. I also am not sure what other apps will no longer be able to be used if I do.

Will this same answer apply to my new iPhone 5? I know this is not an iPhone forum, but I have both. Please don't start discussing iPhone here escept to answer that one question as it pertains to my iPad 2 question.

OP
N

NeedToKnow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Update and new question connected with the first question. I turned myniPad off and then on. The other gmail address now appears in the settings and I have deleted the other one as that gmail address was deoeted from gmail and I did the smae on my iPhone. Now the other question that is connected to this same issue. If this gmail email address gets spammed like the old kne, do I have to use a gmail email address to be cinnected to the gmail and other google items needed to be able to access cerain apps, ie calendar, etc.? Can I use my Pop3 address through roadrunner that does not get spammed or does it have to be a google email address?

Thanks.

Most reactions

Latest posts