What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New guy Microsoft Exchange Gmail Problems

michaelrj9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am trying to get my Gmail working on my iPad & iPhone too.
I never used Microsoft Exchange before and must be doing something wrong because it never works. (I can set up my gmail on the iPad & iPhone not using exchange but I want to use the other features of exchange syncing contacts calendar etc) I always get "Cannot Get Mail" "The connection to the server failed" or "password incorrect" "Enter the password for the exchange account "exchange" Which I know it is the correct password.
When setting it up I always use my full Gmail address ending in @gmail.com & password with the server being m.google.com. The setup finishes without any errors but when It checks for email I get those errors.
Please help

Thanks

Todd M

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am trying to get my Gmail working on my iPad & iPhone too.
I never used Microsoft Exchange before and must be doing something wrong because it never works. (I can set up my gmail on the iPad & iPhone not using exchange but I want to use the other features of exchange syncing contacts calendar etc) I always get "Cannot Get Mail" "The connection to the server failed" or "password incorrect" "Enter the password for the exchange account "exchange" Which I know it is the correct password.
When setting it up I always use my full Gmail address ending in @gmail.com & password with the server being m.google.com. The setup finishes without any errors but when It checks for email I get those errors.
Please help

Thanks

GMail no longer allows ActiveSync (Exchange) connections as of 1/30/13, only IMAP. It's not a push, but a fetch service. You will have to use the GMail app going forward if you want those types of features that were part of the Google Sync feature set before they stopped allowing it.

Most reactions

Latest posts