What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Virus?

Steerdbubble

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I accidentally clicked an add, and now when I go to a forum page such as Geometry Dash, I get a pop up that says: "Free Apps! Click to claim now!" It happens like a couple of seconds after I open up the page. The website that pops up is Mobtraffic. Please help. I am running iOS 9.2 with an iPad mini.

OP
S

Steerdbubble

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I found something suspicious

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    150.3 KB · Views: 882

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
To get rid of the popup try clearing history and data in Safari's settings.

I'm not sure what what you found in the settings, but it looks like an app that is either in progress, or failed to download. I doubt it has anything to do with the other issue. As long as you are not jailbroken and visiting stores orhter the Cydia, or playing around on some shifty site promising free apps (other than the App Store); there is little to no chance that you've downloaded a virus or malware on your iPad.

OP
S

Steerdbubble

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To get rid of the popup try clearing history and data in Safari's settings.

I'm not sure what what you found in the settings, but it looks like an app that is either in progress, or failed to download. I doubt it has anything to do with the other issue. As long as you are not jailbroken and visiting stores orhter the Cydia, or playing around on some shifty site promising free apps (other than the App Store); there is little to no chance that you've downloaded a virus or malware on your iPad.
Thank you so much! It worked and I am not getting ads anymore! I cannot thank you enough.

Most reactions

Latest posts