What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Viewing / entering fillable PDF fields on ipad2

tbellipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone, new to the ipad world and had a couple concerns w/ PDFs and ipad:

1) I currently cannot input any text fields while viewing PDFs on the ipad using any free PDF readers. (PDF reader, ibook etc)
2) PDF forms that have been filled out come through empty/blank.

Is apple coming out w/ a fix for this?

If not, what can I do to view and input text fields?

Thanks.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you looked at "Adobe Reader"? It's the actual, and free app put out by Adobe. From what I understand, an update was just done and now you can input text on PDFs within the app.

Maybe it'll suit your needs?

Marilyn

OP
T

tbellipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you looked at "Adobe Reader"? It's the actual, and free app put out by Adobe. From what I understand, an update was just done and now you can input text on PDFs within the app.

Maybe it'll suit your needs?

Marilyn

Yes, I do have Adobe reader. Found out that if the PDF doc has a serurity protection on it, then I cannot view or edit the fillable fields. So if it doesn't then all is fine. thank you.

A slightly different question:

The PDF fillable fields viewed in Adobe Reader has the highlighted bluish background. Is there a way to remove the highlighted background w/ Adobe Reader?

Pommier

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Haven't tried on iPad yet, but, on PC, blue disappears when you tab to the various places to enter text.

Most reactions