What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PDF Expert issue not showing fillable date when emailing

iCee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I created an interactive PDF fillable form in Adobe LiveCycle to use on the iPad. For some reason in PDF Expert when you open the PDF and fill out the form and go to email it the content is gone and emails the PDF blank. I can't figure out why it's doing this. Is there a setting I'm missing in LiveCycle? I did enable usage rights in Reader.

Thanks for anyone's help with this.

Cee

Munkee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ensure you are opening the email attachment in PDF expert. If you open it within normal adobe reader it will not show any of the content. Alternatively open it on your desktop/laptop and the content should all be there.

mdrstatik

iPF Noob
Reaction score
PDF Expert DAte ISsue

A couple of Quick Notes as I am working on this issue as well.

1) Adobe via Live Cycle has its own scripting lanque "FormCalc" you need to make sure your actually using Java Script for things to have any chance at working

2) Save your form as a STATIC PDF a Live Cyce Dynamics Forms are not spported

3) PDF Expert is by far the best PDF viewer out there, but remember iOS and/or PDF Expert may not support every last Java command out there for example the "Z" date format will display UTC time perfectly on your desktop running Acrobat Reader but will not display in PDF Expert. Likewise some callss for "postSUBMIT" actons are not fully supported

Quick Work Around:
Create your form using Acrobat Pro which if you have life cycle you probably also have this and then you can set actions to run when a submit button is clicked

like: getField("timestamp").value = (new Date()).toString(); which will set the value of the field "timestamp" to the GMT Local Time

BTW PDF Expert support is very helpful, they provided the above script to resolve issues I was having in timestamping forms before email submission

Hope this Helps

PS Let me kno if you get it figured out in Live Cycle it would make forms SOooooo much easier

TMucci

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes I have the same issue but even though my scripting is all in formcalc not JavaScript, yet the reset button is JavaScript and the checkboxes all fill on reset rather than clear.

I do not want to recreate my forms with JavaScript so I am sad that this app will not work for me and while I lose 10 dollars I hope someday the app will work like on a computer.

Tom

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions