What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Video organization

groovdafied

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I've been surfing this forum for a while and decided to create a new account. I got an iPad as a gift from my companies christmas party, and the only thing that I'm let down on is the video organization. Besides making a iTunes playlist to organize the videos, is there an app that will offer a better way to catalog my videos? It would be really helpful because I have a lot of instructional videos for my classes.

Thanks again!

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AVPlayerHD, it will play pretty much any video format so you won't have to convert every video to the correct format and you can create folders and move the videos into them. The only thing I've noticed so far that is a little annoying is that it does not appear you can edit the folder name once you've created it. So you will have to move the videos out of the folder and back to the root directory, delete the folder, create a new folder with the correct name this time and then move the video files back into the folder. Not a big deal, just a little annoying. Also you can create subfolders which is nice if you have a tv series with a few seasons or videos that you want to organize by year and then inside the year folder create folders for each month (only tested creating 3 folders, assuming you can make 12).

Last edited:
OP
G

groovdafied

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AVPlayerHD, it will play pretty much any video format so you won't have to convert every video to the correct format and you can create folders and move the videos into them. The only thing I've noticed so far that is a little annoying is that it does not appear you can edit the folder name once you've created it. So you will have to move the videos out of the folder and back to the root directory, delete the folder, create a new folder with the correct name this time and then move the video files back into the folder. Not a big deal, just a little annoying. Also you can create subfolders which is nice if you have a tv series with a few seasons or videos that you want to organize by year and then inside the year folder create folders for each month (only tested creating 3 folders, assuming you can make 12).

Hmm, sound promising... I will take a look at this, thanks!

---edit---

So I just looked at this app in the app store and it says you can rename the folders. Maybe you should try updating your app?

Last edited:
OP
G

groovdafied

iPF Noob
Reaction score

So I got the AVPlayerHD and it's awesome! And you now can rename folders too, but not as easy as I hoped it would be. It's sorta like a 3 step process when it really can be boiled down to like 1 step. However it does give you the path where the video is saved, so you can just jump right into the iphone explorer and just rename the folders yourself too.:eek:

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So playing around with the app I figured out how you can rename a folder. For those who are wondering, go to the screen with your list of folders, press the settings icon (looks like a wrench in the upper right corner), select the folder you are wanting to edit (it should have a green check mark next to it) then for that folder you should see an > symbol at the far right, select that. In the next window you will see an icon that looks like a pencil and a notbook/piece of paper, select that and this is where you can change the name of the folder. Once you are done then you will have to hit the back button in the upper left corner and then press done in the upper right corner.

LordStyphon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, think you should try MyMovies too.
I use it both on ipad and phone.
It has barcode scanning too and you can read about all actors and so on.

Most reactions