What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Organizing videos/seeing names

jflatto

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a number of videos on my iPad. I am trying to see if there is a better way to organize them or name them to make the names more readable on my iPad.

For example, I will have TV shows such as Castle, Mythbusters, etc. created and stored in iTunes. In Itunes, I have the videos stored in the appropriate folders but when copied over to my Ipad, the folders do not transfer over. Instead I just have a long list of videos. I name my videos such as "Castle 101 Pilot"; Mythbusters 0506 Buster's Follies; Movie - Avatar; etc.

However, when looking at the video list of my ipad, only so many characters are displayed so I might just see "Mythbusters 0506 B...". Thus I try to shorten the titles so I have "MB 0506 ..." but that can get confusing if I have shows with similar titles and most of the titles still aren't displayed regardless.

Anyone have a better approach then I am using?? Any way to display more (all??) of the show titles. It would be nice to have folders under my videos but I am pretty sure that is not possible under IOS 5.

I did see some comments about changing the "info" for the videos so that they show up in the TV Shows section rather than the Movies section of itunes but I have lots of videos and do not want to manually change the information for each one. Is there an app to bulk change the information. I am running Windows 7.

Thanks for any advice.

Jerry

City

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, sorry, but thats the character limit able to be shown. May have it instead of MB for myth busters it could be MyBu. First two letters. Lol.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you have them set-up in iTunes as TV shows rather than movies, it will assist by putting the files into folders based on Series and season. you may have to do a bit of work on the metafile data in iTunes to help them out. In iTunes, right click on the file and select Get Info. you can edit the metadata to keep series and seasons uniform. As you make changes, you will see iTunes start to move and sort the files accordingly.

OP
J

jflatto

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. Any idea if there is an software to bulk edit the metadata of videos on a Windows machine? Doing them "one by one" does not seem worth the effort. Thanks. Who knows, maybe Apple will add in the folder feature that they removed from IOS in a previous life. :(

Most reactions

Latest posts