What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Getting photos from Windows into iPhoto folders

Alice9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I get the feeling that my iPad 2 really wants my desktop and laptop to be Macs - and they're not.

I have TONS of photos, organized by folders on my Windows 7 desktop. I successfully downloaded a bunch from a recent trip to the iPad. But when I went to download another folder - all the photos went directly into the the same default one.

I bought some third party app, Photo-sort for iPad, which lets you make new folders on the iPad and transfer pictures from other folders into them - ONE PICTURE AT A TIME. There has to be a better way.

Is there a way to do the organization in iTunes and then move whole folders over? Is there a third party app that actually lets me organize pictures bunches at a time?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.
Alice

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, Alice.

I use Photo-Sort to transfer photos back and forth between my PC (a Windows 7 machine) and my iPad - quite often, actually.

If I may promote my own post, please see this thread (post #10): http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-help/40140-problem-photos-app-ipad-2-a.html

In it, I explain how you can create a network drive on your PC. It's very handy because you can see all the folders in Photo-Sort and then copy/paste to and from those folders.

I just tested this: After you map the iPad's Photo-Sort to the PC, you can create a folder in Photo-Sort from your PC (of course, Photo-Sort's FTP server must be on). Then, you can plop in all the pictures you want. Once you turn off the FTP server, the folder(s) appear in Photo-Sort.

The reverse is also true - you can copy entire folders over to your PC...

In addition, Photo-Sort will let you import multiple photos from the Photo app. In the main screen, there's a down arrow at the bottom. Pressing that opens the iPad's photo album. You select any number of photos you wish (you won't see a check mark ... they'll just flicker for a second). Then, when you're done selecting, you press the blue Done button and the items you've picked will be input into Photo-Sort.

Note that this method just copies the pictures from the stock Photo app - they'll be in both places.

As you can tell, I really like how Photo-Sort works in transferring photos to and from my PC. As usual, and as always, however, YMMV.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts