What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

very tough time ahead 4 jbers

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You shouldn't talk about things you know nothing about.
You mean saying things like Acer, Dell, Garmin, Kyocera/Sanyo, Lenovo, LG Group, Motorola, Samsung, Sony Ericsson, Toshiba do not practice planned obsolesence with their products? You don't have to believe it if you don't want to, but I promise you that they ALL do this.

sh0nuff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
if android is so wonderful how come the G1 sucked so much? and I suppose the G1 -> G2 upgrade wasn't 'planned obsolescence' ? Or the Droid to the Droid 2, or the HTC EVO to the HTC EVO 4G...RAZER to the RAZER 2, chocolate to chocolate 2, BlackBerry 8703e to BlackBerry Bold....none of that is planned obsolescence but iPad 1 to iPad 2 and Powermac G4 to iMac 2010 is? How is that fair? It's ridiculous, that's what that is.

And lets not even get started on the multiple sub-releases of Android that they push out like every week, just to keep people quiet about Android 3 not being released yet.

But I suppose that isn't planned obsolescence either? Nah, that's Google loving everyone and supplying them with an endless amount of rainbows and gum drops.

Uh, your comment was retarded. No offense. The Evo IS the Evo4g. And which of these phones were released without the ability to send MMS?

And again your comment delves into the moronic talking about "sub-releases of Android", wtf??

You shouldn't talk about things you know nothing about.

+1

I have an Android, and they only thing that keeps me coming back to the Apple is the amazing keyboard and error correction... Swype comes close, but it still isn't quite as good, and since typing is something i all the time, the iPhone/iPad wins. But if it was as good, I'd still be rocking my Nexus 1

Spink10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1. Apple has been able to product some incredible products that people want. They do not have the 2nd largest profit revenues of US based companies for no reason.
2. Apple has limited their market because of restrictions on their devices. Then again all companies do this.
3. Apple and Mr. Stevey have made restrictions on their devices that makes no sense.

I still bought an iPad - but you cannot deny the truth that apple is smart and dumb at the same time. :)

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
3. Apple and Mr. Stevey have made restrictions on their devices that makes no sense.
...to you! But then again, you aren't the CEO of a $222 billion dollar consumer electronics company!

Sure, Apple has done some dumb things in the past, but with over 160 million iOS devices sold, I think everyone would agree that the iPhone, iPod and now the iPad are phenomenally successful... whether you like the way they run their business or not!

Spink10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1991-C4 said:
...to you! But then again, you aren't the CEO of a $222 billion dollar consumer electronics company!

Sure, Apple has done some dumb things in the past, but with over 160 million iOS devices sold, I think everyone would agree that the iPhone, iPod and now the iPad are phenomenally successful... whether you like the way they run their business or not!

Did you not read #1 :) being sarcastic with you.

Your right on - my only point is that Apple could be more successful and would not need to compromise anything.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As president of the society, I certainly do know sarcasm when I see it!

Nothing is completely perfect 100% of the time. Someone will always be unhappy with some aspect of a particular product.

And can you imagine Apple being more successful than they are now?

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you zrb0529. You have just demonstrated how to get yourself banned for 3 days!

Last edited:

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow! Lmfao very interesting thread, whike comical at the same time. Some people need to chill out. Its not that serious folks. I was an hardcore apple hater b4 i got my ipad. My friend had an iphone n i had windows mobile/android phone(dual boot baby!). We always use to battle n fight over who's OS is better. He even got kinda salty wit me cuz i got the ipad n he didnt have one yet. Especially after all the smack i use to talk about apple. The ipad changed all of this for me. I saw and experienced how great of a product it is. It is truly my jack of all trades. I dont even need a video gaming system anymore cuz of how many great games i have. Yeah, i hate having to link to itunes to load vids n etc... Yeah, i hate that it doesnt do flash. bUT so what! I found ways around it and dont miss flash at all really. Ipad positives wayyyyyy outweigh the negatives. So what no usb or sd card slot. Go get the camera connection kit like i did. Then if u jailbrake, even more tools at ur disposal. Im always very proud to show off my ipad. This is a business people. Although we hate the multiple versions, its actually very smart from a business point of view. Its how they make their money. I actually welcome good competition from other manufacturers. It will only make Apple step their game up even more. Cuz this new Xoom tablet might finally be the one to give the ipad a serious run for its money. As long as the estimated prices arent true n they release a wifi version shortly after first waves. Get with the program. Find work arounds for things u are limited to on ipad. I have, n it wrks great. Since i got this ipad as a late bday gift in July 2010, ive never touched a regular PC since. Im wayy to spoiled now. In reference to battery life and the suoer fast boot up times. Apple ipad just wrks! ;-)

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have SOME respect for Apple but I will say this.....They care nothing about the users opinions for the most part.
I always chuckle when I see comments like this! Apple happens to be one of the most successful corporations in America today. They have a net worth of over $222 billion dollars. Their closest competitor in the technology field would be Microsoft with a net worth of a measly $219 billion dollars. As a matter of fact, the only American company with a higher net worth is Exxon Mobil.

Since the introduction of the first iPhone, Apple has sold over 160 million iOS devices and to go with all those devices, over 10 billion apps.

A company simply does not reach this level of success by ignoring the opinions of the buying public.

Take a look at General Motors. After the financial crisis, they did nothing to change their business model to account for the loss in sales and eventually went bankrupt They were forced to sell off several of its brands and would be out of business had it not been for the federal bailout. In other words, they kept running their business the way they wanted to and ignored the buying trends of the car buying public.

Now take a look at Ford. They saw the financial crisis coming. They scaled back production to those models that were top sellers, not models that they thought people should have like Saab, Hummer and Saturn. As a result, they did not need a bailout from Washington to stay in business.

The bottom line is that you stay in business and are successful because you respond to the buying public, not by ignoring them!

Ok, as far as "American" companies goes. Toyota actually holds the title of most successful company with the largest cash reserves on hand. Plus although Microsoft been trailing lately, Bill Gates is still the richest man in the world..lmfao not Steve Jobs..Steve isnt even on forbes top ten list. Juss saying...lmao. I love my ipad but wanted to stress that point n case no one knew.
Just imagine if Bill Gates n Steves Jobs stuck together, thEy would own the world right now. Bill came off on Apples ignorance or not knowing what they had! I still find it amazing that Bill Gates, basically, still manages to be the richest in the world for over 2 decades or so.
How come Jobs is never up there with Bill, since Apple doing so well now? Juss curious

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How come Jobs is never up there with Bill, since Apple doing so well now? Juss curious
"Now" is the key word. Apple's phenomenal success has pretty much come with their iOS devices which is fairly recent but Microsoft has been where they are for a much longer time. After all, you can't run a computer without an operating system!

Spink10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Both are public companies. They own a percentage of the company. Both bill and stevey have other financial investments. That is how bill can be richer :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

zrb0529

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ban me for 3 days, delete my well thought out and intelligent post and keep that guys trash up there...nice job, seriously

dkazaz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And can you imagine Apple being more successful than they are now?

Actually I can, they could be like Microsoft.

"Now" is the key word. Apple's phenomenal success has pretty much come with their iOS devices which is fairly recent but Microsoft has been where they are for a much longer time. After all, you can't run a computer without an operating system!

I hate to rain on your parade but Apple also makes OS's. Always has. And the fact that MS makes only software and not hardware is incidental - there are different value models and mixes combining software and hardware to drive sales. The best value wins the sales.

I'm wondering if there's a reason why Apple has sold hundreds of millions of computers while MS software has enabled the sale of hundreds of billions (literally) of PC's and has sold billions of licenses of assorted applications. Could it be that the value mix is better?

And moreover, why do you assume the value mix in mobile devices will always stay the same and favor iOS? Is it not possible that just like MS came along and wrecked apple's party (which was essentially a superior product but offering poor value) someone else will do the same to mobile devices?

Simple way to think about it. Can I imagine that in 5 years I will have no Apple products at all, at home or at work or in any place and company I deal with? Sure. I can certainly live without Apple products, and so can anyone.

Can I imagine a world without Microsoft? No. Microsoft is in every single home, company government agency, and will be probably forever.

That's success.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have no desire for any Microsoft products period
Why do you really believe that every house hold has Microsoft products?
Sent from my iPad using iPF

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts