What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Very strange with Cydia

Yakuzagang5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Strange thing happened... Jailbroke my 4.2.1 ipad for the first time with the new redsn0w, and it went perfect, got cydia loaded up fine. Went ahead and installed fontswitcher, worked great, installed sbsettings, installed multiconmover, all worked fine.

after i went back home after getting multiconmover installed, cydia was gone... but all the other stuff works just fine, fontswitcher, multiconmover, etc. Dunno what happened.

I have tried:
Rebooting with tether through redsn0w,
Rebooting, installing cydia again, and rebooting with tether

Now Im confused, cydia is still not showing up... someone help?

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well ~

Bear with me as I am very new to this ~ but I read a lot about JB. From what I have learned, is that Redsn0w is tethered ~ so you will have to reattach to a PC or Mac to boot into a jailbroken state each time your device loses power or needs a reboot.

Bottom line:

Wait for the un-tethered version.

OP
Yakuzagang5

Yakuzagang5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Look in hidden icons in sbsettings, some time things hide themselves.

There is a way you can downgrade you FW so you can get greenwank or limera1n I cant post a link because of my low post count though lol

Woop, got enough posts now:)
How to Downgrade iOS 4.2.1 to 4.1 / 4.0.2 / 4.0.1 on iPhone 4, 3GS, 3G, iPod touch and iPad - SiNfuL iPhone

Thank you for the help, but I ended up getting it to work by just backing everything up, restoring the iPad, and then loading everything back on and re-jail breaking. Everything is working great now :)

Thanks again!

Most reactions

Latest posts