What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If your iPad doesn't boot tethered!

subzero7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Something I discovered today while Jailbreaking my iPad on 4.2.1...

I started jailbreaking my iPad with redsn0w on windows 7, all went smooth i've done it multiple times, so it wasn't my first rodeo. So I manage to jailbreak the ipad i see the white cydia icon, and safari doesn't work, so of course I start redsn0w once more, attempt to boot tethered, and I see that it reboots the iPad but no PWNApple, so I attempt to start cydia it crashes, obviously it didn't boot tethered. To make a long story short, if your iPad doesn't boot tethered, you've probably downloaded the latest Redsn0w: redsn0w_win_0.9.6rc8 that doesn't work for me, not sure for anyone else. What does work! ---->> redsn0w_win_0.9.6b5

Just thought i'd share.. :)

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Are you remembering to run it in compatability mode for "Windows XP SP2"?
Rc8 works fine for me on the same setup, as long as you have that set...

OP
S

subzero7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you remembering to run it in compatability mode for "Windows XP SP2"?
Rc8 works fine for me on the same setup, as long as you have that set...

I did place redsn0w under admin privileges as well as the comparability mode, my only difference was it was Windows XP SP3, would that make a difference? I'll test on SP 2 and see my results.

Most reactions