What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Verizon says "sorry, no iPhone in the immediate future"

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Verizon: Sorry, "No Plans To Carry The iPhone In The Immediate Future" (VZ, T, AAPL)

More bad news for Apple fans hoping for better phone service: Verizon Wireless spokesman John Johnson said the company has "no plans to carry the iPhone in the immediate future" in an interview with Beet.TV.
In itself, that doesn't say much. Both 'plans' and 'the immediate future' are vague enough to keep hope alive. But in the context of the interview, this doesn't look good for AT&T's many discontents.
John immediately pivots off the question about the iPhone to sing Android's praises. Verizon now carries five phones running Google's mobile OS, and has plans to carry more soon. John was especially enthusiastic about the HTC Incredible, which he says is "outperforming just about everything else out there."
Neither Apple nor Verizon seems willing to say anything definitive, so rumors pointing the other way will surely come along, but this is definitely bleak. Check out the video:

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Disappointing for me, for sure. I was already pretty much set to get a Droid Incredible, now I don't have much of a choice. I like my Moto Droid though, so it's no rush. Waiting for the DI to be rooted so I can WiFi tether my iPad.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Of course....so verizon is in bed with google and they wont carry the iPhone...awesome...so im basically stuck with android until LTE hits both carriers and you can put an unlocked iPhone on the network...

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I can't really blame Verizon. Apple told them to take a hike, so they needed something...and Android is doing very well...so...

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I can't really blame Verizon. Apple told them to take a hike, so they needed something...and Android is doing very well...so...

yeah but it is sadly unstable and the market is a joke.

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPhone has years of a head start on the Android Market. When I got the iPhone when it first came out, the iTunes app store was a joke too.

And I don't have stability issues. And that's with my phone rooted and overclocked to almost double the factory speed.

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When Wal*Mart priced the 3GS iPhone down to <$100. I went down and actually had one in my hands preparing to buy. Having to go with AT&T made me demur. Sorta glad I didn't go for that i.

Wolffmann34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wouldn't count Verizon out, they HAVE to say that right now - I still have a year left on my AT&T contract anyhow, but I am planning my next iPhone to be on Verizon. (Being stuck with AT&T you have to maintain your optimism)

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well the rumors I read said don't expect the announcement on June 7th but still expect the phone in the fall...then this...so there are so many contradictory ideas that it's just getting a little silly.

I think I'm just going to stick with my plans to purchase the HTC DI when it's rooted and then I keep all my easily sync'd google contacts etc.

Wolffmann34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree about staying with the Google platform for you. Stuff just works better together, I mean with Mobile Me, my Macbook Pro, iPhone and iPad it's like a dreamland how well they work together.

I just look forward to wireless syncing, sort of like my time machine backs up my Macbook Pro without thinking about it or having to hook it up, wouldn't it be cool if our phones and iPads did the same thing.

Most reactions

Latest posts