What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Verizon Online ordering of iPad 3!!!!

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
check out the homepage of Verizon. No specific mention of iPad 3 but you will be able to get something soon from them, here is a screenshot.

Verizon.png

This would hint at being able to preOrder the iPad as soon as tomorrow.

schmidtj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What a leap of faith.
I see no mention of the word "tomorrow".

OP
MikesTooLz

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
What a leap of faith.
I see no mention of the word "tomorrow".

there were no preOrders for the iPad2. So for them to have something up letting people register for email updates before its even announced in my opinion would hint at them being able to take preorders right after the announcement. Put that together with the fact that shipments of iPads are already headed for if not already here in the US and other countries. The iPad most likely will not be available tomorrow but they very well could offer online preorders.

Then again I would not get my hopes up too high due to the fact that I do not trust Verizon for anything. This could simply be one of their tricks just to get more publicity.(Especially since no one wants a Verizon iPad 2)

AlexisW

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Then again I would not get my hopes up too high due to the fact that I do not trust Verizon for anything. This could simply be one of their tricks just to get more publicity.(Especially since no one wants a Verizon iPad 2)

I am definitely getting the new ipad, however, I'm not sure whether to get it with Verizon or AT&T.

Please explain your comment about Verizon.

Thanks in advance!

OP
MikesTooLz

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
I am definitely getting the new ipad, however, I'm not sure whether to get it with Verizon or AT&T.

Please explain your comment about Verizon.

Thanks in advance!

Verizon thus far has not held up to the hopes of those looking for an alternative to ATT. ATT data speeds have higher average speed and the data plans are almost half what Verizon is charging. Right after the iPad 2 launched stores were getting daily shipments of iPads, the WiFi and ATT 3G models remained sold out while Verizon version of the ipad were redily available because people just didn't want the Verzion model over ATT.

There is a very high chance that this next iPad will contain a radio that supports both CDMA and GSM. This would eliminate the need for separate models for Verizon and ATT. If you get a cellular data capable model the user gets the choice of picking the provider. This would not only cut down on manufacturing costs for apple by having 1 radio with both capabilities. But it would benefit apple and consumers by creating much more competition between the carriers to offer better cheaper services.

If a user goes on there ipad to sign up for data services and are presented with the option of $30 unlimited data with ATT or $60 for 5GB on Verizon, you can bet they would go for the cheaper plan with more data. Currently with separate model, the users has an ATT model then they are stuck with whatever price ATT wants to charge.

Now I know everyone is hyped up and expecting 4G LTE, but if they do include 4G LTE I would say they would probably be using two separate chips for 3G and 4G. There currently are chips that would do it all but they were probably not around in time to make it into the iPad 3.

Most reactions