What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So I'm returning my iPad 3...

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The latest iPad 3 poll:
82% - Very Satisfied
16% - Somewhat Satisfied
2% - Somewhat Dissatisfied
0% - Very Dissatisfied

Now I am sure that in 3 million iPads there are a few missed dissatisfied custmers, but the fact that 98% of buyers are not sorry they purchased the iPad 3, says that the complaints here are not the norm. There is a probability that some who posted to complain are just wanting to stir the pot. Unfortuneately, it is often impossible to be sure about the trolls, so unless they give away their true colors, they should be taken seriously. It is just like the enormous number of people who come here with the intention of posting spam. Some are obvious, others less so.

beesknees

iPF Noob
Reaction score
souskei said:
While I totally agree with you about the law of numbers, we as consumers are given the option to exchange and return if we feel are product is less than we expected.

But worrying about purchasing a defect, small as it may be, is only human nature IMO. Especially one who is a member of a forum such as this one.

Apple gave us a pretty gracious return and exchange policy, and, although you are absolutely right about the numbers, i don't think it's a bad thing to worry about 1000 dollars you're about to drop.

It must not be in my nature because I was among those that pre-ordered and I buy the most expensive unit they sell. If they didn't have an exchange return policy I'd be more cautious but they do so I see no reason to fret.

L

Lunar

It's my 14th & last day today of my refund/no quible exchange period, and have just given it a last check over for any bad pixels, and I'm pleased to say all is still fine.

In fact only issue with this one is a tiny spot of backlight bleed which is just about detectable in a v/dark room with a black screen, and you have to look close even then to spot it. So I'd rate this one as being 99.95% perfect, and that's near enough for me. I cannot see it at all in normal use, and even in a darkened room you have to know where to look to detect it, so this one is now a keeper. :)

I do hate and won't tolerate bad pixels at all on new equipment, though IME if you can get through the first couple of weeks without any popping up, it's rare they occur later, if one or more did appear down the line then I'd have to live with it. I'd love to know what they do with those that have slight minor faults that do get returned. Sold off cheap somewhere I suppose.

Last edited by a moderator:

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I do hate and won't tolerate bad pixels at all on new equipment, though IME if you can get through the first couple of weeks without any popping up, it's rare they occur later, if one or more did appear down the line then I'd have to live with it. I'd love to know what they do with those that have slight minor faults that do get returned. Sold off cheap somewhere I suppose.

It only took me a few minutes to tell I had no bad pixels on mine...but if they start showing up and taking mine back to the Apple Store and will tell them that something must be wrong with the screen as pixels are going dead when they were not there before. That's a warranty issue, IMO, and I don't hesitate to take it in.

The iPad is about the screen. Dead pixels would bother me and hinder my use of the device. A little light bleed when the screen is dark in a dark room is not something I would worry about...but if it is so bad I see it all the time no matter what I'm doing, or whenever I watch a movie...then that is a warranty issue. I had light bleed on my first iPad 2 and it didn't hinder me in any way so I didn't bother with it. I don't consider issues that affect my day-to-day usages as being picky...but some people have issues with stuff just because they know it is there....that is being picky (IMO)>

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh I would deff bring mine back if there were dead pixels and a yellow hue, because forthe price it should be perfect, that is what you pay for. I hope I continue to not have any issues.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
souskei

souskei

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think being pick is ok considering how much I spent on it..

Now if my bigmac was missing a pickle, that's something I could over look. BUT if my bun was yellow, and had a dead burnt sesame seed, oh dam they better have more buns in the back.. Haha.

But now im waiting for apple stores to be back in stock again for the 64gb Verizon. They recently revived stock for all the other iPads except for the one I'm looking for.

Hopefully this second batch will good to go.

Most reactions

Latest posts