What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vacation folder

azonie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When we were looking at iPad in Apple Store wife saw a folder on display iPad that had websites, notes, pictures, etc that where dealing with "Italy". I
There were all for planning vacation to there.
How can I set up such folder and move websites, notes and pictures in there.

mikeswife

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know, but I would like to know to so I'm bouncing this up to the top so maybe someone in the know will answer. I haven't gotten my IPAD yet & I'm a 1st time user, but I'm take notes!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think you've nailed it, mdholm. I have the iPhotos app and you can make Journals. There are ways to make titles, add text and add/modify pictures. So, I'd say that's what the OP is looking for.

Marilyn

mdholm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mdholm said:
It makes sense that it would be on a display device.

Also, I have it, too. I just for it yesterday. Is a journal considered a folder? Like, if I want a folder for dog pics, would I set up a journal?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
To me, a Journal would be more like a scrapbook. If you want to make a folder for just pictures, I'd use the stock Photos app and make an album for that.

But, that's just me, YMMV.

Marilyn

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, I've been using iPhoto for a few weeks now but have not tried the 'Journal' feature, so after a number of recent posts in this thread, just played around making a 'Trips' journal - a number of different items can be added - see my attached sample one from a home screen capture - nothing special; some of the features that can be added are rather limited in their options, and at the moment I've not figured out how to add a web link that works (did copy in an URL) - just a start and I'm sure improvements will be forthcoming! :)

iPadJournal.jpg

OP
A

azonie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It was not iPhoto. It was a folder like you would use to put similar apps in. Then they had links to websites, notes, pictures, etc

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It was not iPhoto. It was a folder like you would use to put similar apps in. Then they had links to websites, notes, pictures, etc

OK - please enlighten us; return to the Apple Store and figure out what they were using, and then provide us w/ some useful tips - we've been 'guessing' so far and need your input - thanks! :rolleyes:

kevroc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's probably a home screen folder?? With bookmark links and app links?

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can create a folder on the desktop that you can put various apps into and rename it whatever you want. For example, there are 158 apps under Italy travel guide. 62 apps for travel journals, and 136 travel planers and organizers. On some of them, you can include your pictures linked to discriptions and location mapping.

mdholm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To me, a Journal would be more like a scrapbook. If you want to make a folder for just pictures, I'd use the stock Photos app and make an album for that.

But, that's just me, YMMV.

Marilyn

That would make sense, but can I "beem" my iPhone photos to my iPad the same way? I guess I can use the cloud. I'm still trying to figure this out.

Most reactions

Latest posts