What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Synced albums don't show up in picture frame settings

enthous

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a new iPad and wanted to set up a photo album to be used for a slide show using the Picture Frame app. I have a folder on my (Windows) pc that I use for syncing photos. Each folder under it is an album. I added a new folder for the pictures I want in my slideshow, added them, and synced using iTunes. Everything worked as expected; I could see the albums in the Photos app, and could start a slideshow from the album display in Photos. Now I wanted to set up Picture Frame to use the new album. Here's where it gets flaky. In Settings > Picture Frame, I couldn't see the new albums I created (while I was at it I created another album I wanted at the same time, so I expected to see 2 new albums). The ones that were there before were displayed, just not the new ones. I tried stopping the photo app and restarting it, and a few other desperate things, but nothing helped. Finally, I powered down the iPad and cold started it. This worked. Now I can see all my albums in the Picture Frame settings. Is there something I needed to do to make those new albums visible? Some setting I'm missing? It seems ridiculous that I have to restart the iPad to hook them up with Picture Frame.

Most reactions

Latest posts