What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Using UK IPad 3 in US

BCunningham9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm looking to go to the US for two weeks but slightly concerned about how to charge my IPad whilst over there.

Can anyone please provide me with the links of what I need to buy? I have researched its not as simple as simply buying an adaptor with a 3 pin converted into a 2 pin.

Mojosodope

iPF Noob
Reaction score
BCunningham9 said:
I'm looking to go to the US for two weeks but slightly concerned about how to charge my IPad whilst over there.

Can anyone please provide me with the links of what I need to buy? I have researched its not as simple as simply buying an adaptor with a 3 pin converted into a 2 pin.

Stores sell international charging kits

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
...I have researched its not as simple as simply buying an adaptor with a 3 pin converted into a 2 pin.

Pretty sure it is. I was in Boston and Washington last year and that's exactly what I did... No problems charging at all. Where are you getting the information from that you can't simply use the supplied unit and a US adaptor? Ever noticed that the UK plug part pulls right off? That's because they are truly universal AFAIK.

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Bought my iPad 3 in the US and charge it with the supplied charger with a UK adaptor. No problem. I would imagine it is the same in reverse.

Most reactions

Latest posts