What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Using iPad to post on eCollege

jshjdn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good evening,

I am unable to post my response to a threaded discussion question on a class I'm taking via the eCollege online platform. I'm able to click on the "check spelling" and "cancel" buttons, however when I click on the "post" button, it does not post my reply nor give me an error message. I'm interested in ideas that might help me resolve this issue.

Thank you.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is what I found:

eCollege Minimum Feature Requirements

The following components are needed to access certain features of the system. You will be able to access your course without these; however, you may not be able to access the specific feature. Before downloading any of the applications below, we suggest you check with your instructor to make sure the feature is used in your course.

Microsoft Windows Macintosh OS ClassLive (synchronous tool)

ClassLive (synchronous tool)

Supported Browser Plug-ins

Supported Browser Plug-ins:

Assistive Technology:

-------------------------------

Seems like you need Flash to use it. Just for the record, I don't know from experience...I just googled "ecollege system requirements" and looked at the first result.

USBill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm sure you would have noticed if Flash was an issue, so my guess is your just trying to post to a study group MSG board (like this board)?

I have noticed that some web apps don't play nice with/like Safari, so I use Atomic which can pretend it's a desktop browser. That might help. Or the MSG board may have a "basic" mode, like GMail does, that works better.

paris

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have experienced the same dilema and would love to be able to post on the discussion threads during my commute...one of my main reasons for buying the iPad (school) :) If you experiment and find a solution, I would be curious...thanks!

Highbred8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All my online classes are on the "blackboard" or "webct" platforms. For the most part the iPad works fine with them except for not being able to attach assignments.

I have had a problem with discussions ones and it worked fine after I cleared safaris cache of history, cookies etc. Might help but it might do nothing at all. Either way it's work a try.

Mjp2010

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Workaround

I was able to post after I turned debug on. Settings-safari-developer-debug-on

Ragankel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Posting to eCollege

Has anyone found a solution to this yet? I have tried everything that was mentioned above and nothing has worked yet. I was able to post to eCollege once using the free version of Atomic, but when I purchased the full version it didn't work. I then reverted back to the free version and that stopped working as well. Any help/advise is welcome.

danhcross

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ragankel said:
Has anyone found a solution to this yet? I have tried everything that was mentioned above and nothing has worked yet. I was able to post to eCollege once using the free version of Atomic, but when I purchased the full version it didn't work. I then reverted back to the free version and that stopped working as well. Any help/advise is welcome.

I have found no solution. The tech support at Walden University said that their ecollege platform is officially read-only for IPad. They had no further information. Pearson, the folks behind ecollege, have other things in the works, but there is nothing on their website about anything specific to IPad, or my college.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts