What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Mail - opens draft message when started

iPad100

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi fellow iPad-ers,

On the whole I am very pleased with the device, but it has a few quirks that are baffling. I have managed to resolve quite a few, but this one is a mystery to me.

I have my work e-mail accessed via the iPad using IMAP settings. There are a few annoyances in the Mail app (such as the convoluted way of copying e-mail addresses between 'To' and 'CC' fields).

But what I cannot understand is the fact that often (not always) when I open Mail the newest message in the Draft folder will open for editing (i.e. the message pops up, the keyboard appears, and it's waiting for me to type). I merely hit 'Cancel' and it asks me if I wish to save, to which I answer 'Don't Save' and move on to checking my mail.

Has anyone else come across this 'issue' and any ideas on how to stop it? :confused:

The confusing thing is that I don't go into the Drafts folder at all (I went there once to see if they appeared, and they did - this may have been a mistake, as now this keeps happening!).

Anyway, any tips or advice would be nice, but I'm suspecting this is a bug that occurs when the mail app tries to connect for the first time (i.e. after WiFi has been off, or the iPad has been in standby for some time) and it takes a few seconds, so it jumps to what it thinks is relevant, being a draft message. :(

I have also read of drafts being sent without authorisation, and also addresses being added/deleted from messages being sent, but haven's encountered this.

Most reactions

Latest posts