What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Use mouse on ipad?

doc.zed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use the mouse when I play online poker and typing in class. I like using the touch screen as well. Some apps and situations are easier with mouse same goes to the touch screen. I like the option.

OP
S

sentinelace

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is that in cydia somewhere? Any chance you know how to get a keyboard with a tab?

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There are several videos on youtube explaining how to attach an Apple bluetooth mouse to a jailbroken iPad

Last edited by a moderator:

dstuttgen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
In spite of the nay-saying and other comments, the iPad 2, with the appropriate Jailbreak, will run BTStack Keyboard AND Mouse. With the upgrade to 5.0.1 and it's associated jailbreak, the BTStack Mouse runs very well.

All this mouse controversy on the iPad is purely a personal opinion driven issue... including mine. I have it, I use it, I love it. When I don't need the mouse, such as taking the iPad to the sofa to read or other such thing, the mouse stays behind, doesn't interfere with anything, and waits for my return to pick up where I left it.

Brian - Sent from my iPad using iPF

Thank you, Bingoldsby, I agree whole-heartedly. Sentinelace, It is YOUR iPad and if in YOUR opinion, you want to use a mouse then get BT Stackmouse from Cydia and research the mice that are known to work best with the tweak.
I use a BT keyboard even though Apple, in their infinite wisdom, included an on-screen keyboard. I jail-break even though Apple sure doesn't recommend doing so and probably frowns upon it. I WILL buy a magic mouse when I have a few extra bucks and I WILL use it with my iPad because it is MY IPAD bought with MY MONEY and I use MY IPAD like a small laptop!
Personal Opinion. Personal Preference!
The iPad is a wonderful wonderful device. Make it your own and enjoy it. :p

ccooluke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey, anyone using btstack mouse have any suggestions to make it work? I'm trying, (iPad 2) but it won't work. It freezes my iPad then gives me a black screen. Anyone know why? Iant find anything anywhere to help me.

AirPlayit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, for me it is convenient enough to use touch screen to get whatever I want on iPad except typing words :D. Or it will become a computer after all it is not a real computer you know. I sometimes use an external keyboard to type on iPad.

ktjensen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Let me describe my experiences

1). Jailbroken IPAD 2 on 5.1, and jailbroken IPHONE 4 on 5.01 both running fine for weeks.
2). Installed BTSTACK mouse via Cydia to IPAD. For free
3). Installed WEBE++ via Cydia to IPHONE. for $5

Then I start having problems. Can get the two to pair up. Using the iPhone as a mouse for the iPad. But forget about getting this to stay functional in the long run. pairing is not sustained. Installed a SLEEP PREVENTER type software on both devices to keep them awake constantly. Supposedly will help.

Author does not respond to tech support questions. To uninstall you have to go into EXPERT mode on Cydia.

Just had to reinstall to get connectivity. Will do more testing and report back on reliability.

Ordered a Bluetooth mouse. Amazon has the Microsoft 5000 Bluetooth notebook mouse for $28 right now. Some are seeing success with a cheaper $10 Bluetooth mouse, but rumors that any kind of SLEEP mode on mouse or iPad will result in disconnection, and will not reconnect. Hope the Microsoft mouse 5000 does not go to sleep.

Most reactions

Latest posts