What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Use mouse on ipad?

sn4ke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am glad I found this thread as I am considering the magic mouse for some occasions.

Do gestures work with the ipad?

Also, what is the battery life like?
Thanks,
G

Single finger gestures work with Magic Mouse. I used my iPad3 for more than
8 hours, with both mouse and keyboard connected via Bluetooth. I still had 30% battery left.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Gzoladz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sn4ke said:
Single finger gestures work with Magic Mouse. I used my iPad3 for more than
8 hours, with both mouse and keyboard connected via Bluetooth. I still had 30% battery left.

Thanks. I meant battery life oh the mouse?

sn4ke

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Not sure about that yet, as I have only been using the mouse for 2 days. I'll monitor it and provide info after a week or so.

sn4ke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The only gesture I was able to do was the scroll up or down. Were you able to get others working??

Cheers, Dan

Any one-finger gestures that you define in Activator will work with the magic mouse.

dstuttgen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sorry, that only works on my Windows 7. I can double right click to raise the multitask bar, single right click is set for home button. Left click is for selecting and that's all I have for now. I WISH I could scroll.

Cheers, Dan

bocksmj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can you use a touch pad? I have my iPad 1 set up c/ a ZAGG Bluetooth keyboard, and in that laptop type configuration, it is awkward touching the screen to move around.

Hi! Thanks for all the help here... i have the same question, my BT wireless keyboard has a trackpad built in, and i can't get it to work with BTstack mouse... the keyboard works great on my IPAD2 though. Any suggestions on how to get the trackpad to work also?

sn4ke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi! Thanks for all the help here... i have the same question, my BT wireless keyboard has a trackpad built in, and i can't get it to work with BTstack mouse... the keyboard works great on my IPAD2 though. Any suggestions on how to get the trackpad to work also?

Trackpad doesn't work at the moment. You need to use your mouse the way you used to before the invention of trackpads and gestures, i.e. click the mouse and scroll. Old school!

sn4ke

iPF Noob
Reaction score

After using the mouse extensively with the iPad for the past two weeks, when I connected it to my MacBook Pro, it indicated the battery level as 76%. I estimate that the batteries will need replacing after 7 or 8 weeks. Not bad.

Gzoladz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks -I eventually bought it. It works very well, but I would love it to scroll.

Also, did you get the mid button to work?

Most reactions

Latest posts