What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Usb and 3g

john46

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all,
Just been asked by a friend who has just purchased a ipad2, can you connect a USB dongle to connect to the Internet via 3G. I know you can connect a USB and transfer files but wasn't sure if the same would work with mobile broadband USB. Is this possible or not?
John

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No, that is why you need to buy a 3G version iPad. The best thing to do is instead of buying a USB 3G dongle, is to get a portable 3G wireless pocket wifi instead. It shares the 3G connection with devices via wifi.

OP
john46

john46

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine is 3G his isn't, I did say the way would do it would to be acquire a mi-fi pocket wi-fi device and not via a dongle

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
john46 said:
Mine is 3G his isn't, I did say the way would do it would to be acquire a mi-fi pocket wi-fi device and not via a dongle

If he has a phone that's capable of producing a wifi hotspot, he could connect to that hotspot for Internet access.

OP
john46

john46

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why didn't I think of that ha ha, he has an iPhone. Will show him how to do it today.
Cheers

Most reactions

Latest posts